Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
[Solved] Fix for NWI Games: Insurgency and Day of Infamy not launching on Mesa
Typijay Feb 16, 2018
Hi I just upgraded to an AMD RX560 this week from an nVidia GTX460.
The "Games broken on Mesa" page has been a huge help. I'm on Mesa 17.2.4

There's another game that works on GTX460 but fails to launch on Mesa, however.

You can try to launch either, but it'll launch the child process and become unresponsive.

When I tried launching from console/terminal I got this:
`libGL error: unable to load driver: radeonsi_dri.so`
(lol, I thought I was on amdgpu, not radeonsi)

Found a fix here from the steam forums
by user: chpio

Basically needed to go into the local game folder and remove `./bin/libgcc_s.so.1`
I renamed it to `libgcc_s.so.1.bak` in both Day of Infamy and Insurgency, and now they work.

Day of Infamy in particular doesn't seem to suffer from this bug I was experiencing on nvidia where an explosion happens near my character and then the framerate gets reduced from 60 fps to around 20fps until I restart the game. Have not experienced it yet on Mesa.

Anyways if someone could add this to the Games on Mesa page in the wiki, maybe it'll save someone time from scouring the Steam forums.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.