Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Human Head Studioss employee says they are 'keeping track of demand for platforms' to release action game 'Rune Ragnarok'
tony1ab Apr 14, 2018
Remember the old, unreal engine 1's powered, barbarian action game called 'Rune'?.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/210950/Rune_Classic/
Well, developer Human Head Studios are planning a much improved sequel for the current generation of platforms, to release at some time in the future.

And some user, already asked them on their forum, for the chances of a Linux version.
Well, a forum moderator from the company replied to him that 'they are keeping track of demand for platforms'. And this conversation happened in THIS forum:
https://www.runeragnarok.com/topic/linux-version/

It sounds to me like we might have a chance of getting a linux version, if we go to their forums and prove some interest? What do you think? Could we make some noise? The game still isn't on steam, therefore doesn't have steam forums, but I think according to his reply that this deserves some visibility.
Avehicle7887 Apr 14, 2018
Good news I'd say, it's time to move beyond the "Windows is the only gaming PC OS" mentality within game studios.
Liam Dawe Apr 15, 2018
"Otherwise i ll try with wine"

That's not the way to get developers to make a Linux version *sigh*, it tells them you will buy it even if they don't which is pretty counter productive.
tony1ab Apr 15, 2018
Quoting: liamdawe"Otherwise i ll try with wine"

That's not the way to get developers to make a Linux version *sigh*, it tells them you will buy it even if they don't which is pretty counter productive.

Agreed completly. The only reason I think one should use wine, is that, if you have switched to linux recently, you can use it to play your old windows games. If you want to change things, the best way is to buy only native games. (And this is the reason I STILL have not played Witcher 3, and have made my petition, by the way)

Anyways, what I'm saying here is that we could register on their forums and support the petition, more or less like happens in steam forums, when several people joins a thread and says +1.

This time according to what developer said (they are tracking interest), It could be worth the effort.

EDIT: I've already done. I hope you can also help.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.