Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Install Company of Heroes 2 windows version on Linux (Steam Proton)
mdfrg Jan 3, 2019
Because of technical difficulties CoH2 Feral's native port to Linux does not support crossplatform multiplayer (Win-Lin specifically). Since there are around ~5-10k online players and Linux usage on Steam is around 1% that means it's virtually impossible to find anyone to play with.

My question is: can anyone provide a tutorial on how to install windows version of CoH2 on Linux? Because of native port, there is no Lutris config and you cannot choose the platform on Steam play.

I tried Native2Proton - it downloaded the Win version of the game, I added the non-steam game, ediedt the launcher option, clicked play and... nothing happened.

I also tried to download the Win version via SteamCMD and then run /path/to/Proton-newest-version/proton run /path/to/RelicCoH2.exe adding various environmental variables like LD_PRELOAD but without luck - the command runs and nothing happens.

Any help would be highly appreciated
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.