Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Need help with wine/Lutris for windows software
Duke Takeshi Jan 20, 2019
Hey guys,

I hope someone can help me with this. Since I always use proton or Lutris for running windows games, I never really got the hang of all the wine configuration stuff. Here's my problem:
I run magic the gathering: arena via Lutris. It really works like a charm. However, I want to try to run this tracker alongside it: https://mtgarena.pro/mtga-pro-tracker/

It should be just a small program, but I could not get it to work. Here is what I did:

From the MTG arena game in Lutris I chose "run EXE inside WINE prefix" and chose the MSI installer of the tracker. The installation went through without errors and also the respective folder was created in drive_c/Program Files/ containing the tracker EXE. However, when I try to launch that file (again with Lutris -> run EXE inside WINE prefix) the program crashes. This is my console output.

The Website says that the only prerequisite is to have .NET 4.6.2 or higher but the Lutris script installed 4.7.2 so actually it should work in theory.

Anyone got any ideas?
Ehvis Jan 20, 2019
The compatibility of .NET is problematic at best. Most of the things I tried didn't work at all. Although in this case it may be that you're missing a dependency. The error "Could not load file or assembly 'Windows.UI, Version=255.255.255.255, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, ContentType=WindowsRuntime' or one of its dependencies." is not exactly specific.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.