Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Dark Horizons-Lore Invasion in Wine
pbgslingshot Sep 2, 2019
Greetings all. I Just wanted to spread the word that the full unlocked version of Dark Horizons-Lore:Invasion is available for free on Myabandonware.com. This is a Mech 1st person shooter released by Maxgaming Technologies back in 2005. It can be played either single player or multi player. The games player community has a server running for multiplayer. I have tested it on Linux Mint and Manjaro using the latest release of Wine, and it works flawlessly (install the latest version of Wine as the one available in Linux Mint repository will not play sound). There is a readme file in the main directory with basic instructions. You can get the game here: https://www.myabandonware.com/game/dark-horizons-lore-a2l
Click the download button and choose the full RIP (336 mbs). The other versions do not work. There is also a player site where news and game schedules for organized multiplayer games is available. http://groupspaces.com/DarkHorizonsLoreInvasion/
Liam Dawe Sep 2, 2019
Just a note, I did double check this one and the game was made freeware before the devs gave up on it.
pbgslingshot Sep 2, 2019
I'm sorry, I should have been clearer. The version which I am referring to has been updated with new maps, improved AI, and restored multiplayer capability, by the player community. The freeware version will not work in multiplayer, and has none of the added features. When you click the download button, you are presented with 2 versions and a demo version. The full RIP at 336 mbs was just released a few months ago. That's the one you want. The 98 mbs version is the freeware MGT version, which like I say. won't play multiplayer or have smarter bots or new missions. Hope that clears things up. Thanks.
Liam Dawe Sep 2, 2019
No worries, was just commenting in case any contributor thought this was spam or piracy (neither of which) :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.