Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
So... what are you playing?
Page: «2/3»
  Go to:
Hamish Sep 30, 2013
I definitely can recommend playing Quake II through Yamagi.
Mad Hatter Oct 2, 2013
Hey there, I'm new to this place, just wanted to share I've been playing Bastion.  Absolutely amazing game!
Half-Shot Oct 15, 2013
Currently revisitng TF2 after taking a year or so off it. Also since Ive just moved from Gnome-Ubuntu to Arch i'm not getting as much gaming as i would like. Playing the original Deus Ex through Wine.
Hamish Oct 15, 2013
Quoting: Quote from Half-ShotPlaying the original Deus Ex through Wine.

Are you using an OpenGL renderer with it?
http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/

It makes things run smoother in WINE, in my experience.
s_d Oct 16, 2013
Knytt Underground, at present.  I like it!  Controls are very comfortable, and my little kid likes it so far :D
Half-Shot Oct 16, 2013
Quoting: Quote from Hamish
Quoting: Quote from Half-ShotPlaying the original Deus Ex through Wine.

Are you using an OpenGL renderer with it?
http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/

It makes things run smoother in WINE, in my experience.

I am indeed, and it works fine in that respect. Since my switch from ubuntu (where my winecfg was set up and i was using the wine1.7 repo) however i seem to have lost my sound and the mouse jerks around really wierdly. Going to mess around with the wine library settings and see if i can fix a few things.

Edit:

I fixed my issues so if anyone is wondering here is how i did it. The sound is fixed by getting the lib32-alsa-plugins and just for good measure the lib32-libpulse. The mouse doesn't seem so bad after a bit of tinkering in the xorg settings with the acceleration. Horray for arch and its lib32 packges and wines helpful debug output.
Hamish Oct 16, 2013
To actually get back to native games, well, I am currently going through the original Trine. And I played a few bot rounds of ET:QW last night.
tuxisagamer Oct 17, 2013
Bard's Tale, Killing Floor, Serious Sam 3.
Hamish Oct 24, 2013
Playing through the complete Penumbra: Collection again now that my support ticket has been answered, starting with Overture.

Dogs are easier to kill than I remembered. Is my singing "here doggy, doggy, doggy" supposed to be bad when it comes to appreciating the atmosphere? :P
n30p1r4t3 Nov 2, 2013
FORCED Co-OP. I love this game.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.