Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Allow background processing of Vulkan shaders.
slaapliedje Aug 22, 2020
Was looking around for where the 'System information' bit went, as I was going to upload it to protonDB, when I found this option under 'Shader Pre-Caching.' Oddly, it seemed to pick some individual games (like the Doom games, and Witcher 3 and Supraland and Talos Principle) to cache shaders for.

Anyone else mess with this?
Liam Dawe Aug 22, 2020
Was reported here a while ago :) - just for a little context if it helps.

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 22 August 2020 at 8:38 pm UTC
awesam Aug 22, 2020
@slaapliedje the shader background processing is a great feature, makes for a much smoother experience with some games. Basically it fixes the issue with games stuttering while shaders are compiled, by compiling the shaders before you even run the game
slaapliedje Aug 26, 2020
Quoting: Liam DaweWas reported here a while ago :) - just for a little context if it helps.
Ha, well with the influx of news on this site (which is amazing, remember pre-Steam on Linux, and how many Linux Gaming sites have basically died and disappeared forever?) I managed to miss it!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.