Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Unable to connect to CS:GO community servers
Lofty Nov 3, 2021
For as long as i can remember i have never apart from the occasional lucky moment been able to connect to community servers on CS:GO. In fact the community browser seems like it needs a bit of work as the mouse cursor is missing (also something that has been around since the original Linux port) that only works after alt-tab'ing back and forth.

The error is consistently 'missing maps .BSP' with whatever the map name is beforehand. Annoyingly, you only get to receive this message after downloading large amounts of custom server, map data which takes some time. Is there an easy and consistent fix for this on Linux ?

thanks.

(i would add, im not actually trying to re-download partially downloaded maps. these are fresh connections with no map cache stored, i learnt that trick with cs:source )

Last edited by Lofty on 3 November 2021 at 5:34 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.