Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
BattlEye on Bannerlord
Fabinux#EH Feb 7, 2022
Hello guys,

I need help here, I can't play multiplayer on Bannerlord. The game is launching but there is any server, when I try to search a party I've got a message "Not all players are running the game with Anti-cheat".
I tried everything, Steam beta client, beta version of Bannerlord, Experimental Proton, nothing ! I have Proton BattlEye Runtime of course, I tried to check the files it's ok but, I don't know why, I can't uninstall it ? I have this message "An unexpected error occurred while uninstalling this application".

Help ! :-)

Thanks ;-)
Ehvis Feb 7, 2022
Where is the steam library located? Secondary filesystem? NTFS drive?
Fabinux#EH Feb 8, 2022
On a secondary filesystem yes. NTFS I don't know what this means ... :-)
Ehvis Feb 9, 2022
NTFS would be formatted on windows. If that is the case, then you can expect lots of issues.
Fabinux#EH Feb 9, 2022
No no I formatted it with Ubuntu, it's a hard-disk. I have Steam on SSD and my Steam Library is on this hard-disk.
Ehvis Feb 10, 2022
The uninstall thing is very peculiar and the error is not specific. Possibly something more helpful could have been logged in one of the many logs that the Steam client creates. Could be permission issues, corruption or even the game still running in the background if it won't close properly.
Fabinux#EH Feb 10, 2022
It's not the game running in the background because when I start my PC and try directly to uninstall it, it goes the same.
Can I do it "manually" ?
Or what are my options ?
Fabinux#EH Feb 12, 2022
I uninstalled Bannerlord and then I was able to uninstall "BattlEye", when I installed once again Bannerlord, Steam automatically also installed "Proton BattlEye Runtime", I moved the file to the same repository than the game (Steam Library) but still doesn't work ... :-(
Ehvis Feb 12, 2022
Since I don't have the game and don't play anything using BE, I'll leave it up to others to see if they know something.
Fabinux#EH Feb 15, 2022
Ok, thanks for your help ;-) really appreciate
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.