Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Uplay not connecting
Odisej Oct 21, 2022
Does anybody else have a problem with using Uplay with Proton/Steam recently.

When Uplay is executed it fails after I put it the username and password. It says that server is not reachable.

It may also have to do with a fact it updates uplay on start (tried on Rayman and AC Odyssey.

Thanks for your help.

Odisej

P.S. Same result on Bottles.

Last edited by Odisej on 21 October 2022 at 4:40 pm UTC
This topic has an answer marked - jump to answer.
stoppos Oct 22, 2022
I have the same issue.

I can only give you a workaround so far. Install a vpn client, like proton vpn and start the game with an active vpn connection.
Odisej Oct 22, 2022
Stoppos, thank you.

Yes, I used my work VPN and it connected and started as expected. Very interesting.

It is also working on Windows 11 which I still have for just in case uses and it connected without a problem as well.
Odisej Oct 25, 2022
Stoppos, could you please tell me if you are using Manjaro or some other distro. Thank you.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.