Problem loading game in Steam
Jibbalz Mar 13, 2023
Hi everyone

I'm new to Linux gaming and I've been trying to get Mount and Blade:With Fire and Sword working over Steam.

I've set up Steam/Settings/Steam Play/Enable Steam Play for other titles

But everytime I boot up the game and get past the TeleWorlds Entertainment intro. The game will crash and I'll get this message.

Error loading postFX shaders:
Make sure you have the latest DirectX Runtime
Library installed
<annonymouse.:18:1: E5000: syntax error,
unexpected KW_INLINE
Return Code: -2147467259

Any help would be appreciated
whizse Mar 13, 2023
You can try using either a newer Proton release, like Experimental and see if that works. Or trying older ones (like 6.x or 5.x) in case there have been a regression.

The Proton version can be set per game (Properties -> Compatibility).

I think this is an older game. If so, it might work better without DXVK. Try setting PROTON_USE_WINED3D=1 %command% in Launch Options (in Properties).
Linas Mar 13, 2023
It is also worth checking out ProtonDB to see if there are any quirks and what versions of Proton are people using. In this case, it should work just fine.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.