Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Zool Redimensioned to be updated with three new local multi-player mini-games in May
Pengling Apr 18, 2023

It's been announced that there'll be an update to Zool Redimensioned (a modern quasi-remake of the 1992 Commodore Amiga platformer, Zool, with a number of refinements and some nice quality-of-life enhancements) on May 16th, which will add three new local multi-player mini-games to the title. To quote the relevant part of the official announcement;

QuoteHey everyone,
We’re incredibly excited to announce that the Steam version of Zool Redimensioned
will be receiving a free content update on May 16th in the form of three local multiplayer party modes!

Compete with up to three friends in the frenetic and fabulously fun new party games:

• Don your favourite Zool mask and attempt to collect more clutter than your mates in Zool’s Gold.

• Will you be the one who wears Krool’s crown in Rool of Zool?

• Play Ball Brawl and boot balls back into the Nth dimension.

The reveal-trailer for the upcoming PlayStation 5 version (which will have this new content out of the box) shows a little bit of footage of one of the new additions at about 0:47.

I always liked Zool (particularly the Sega Mega Drive version, upon which this remake is based, as I feel that it has the best stage-designs out of all of the different versions) and thoroughly enjoyed Zool Redimensioned when I played through it last year (though it's rated Gold on ProtonDB, it worked flawlessly under Proton for me), so I'm really looking forward to this update! I figured that it was worth sharing in case I'm not the only one.
StoneColdSpider Apr 18, 2023
Lets hope he doesnt clog the shower....
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.