You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
What game do you truly regret buying?
Page: «6/7»
  Go to:
missingno Aug 19
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2. I blame this game for the sad state of the franchise today.

Last edited by missingno on 19 August 2024 at 9:35 pm UTC
Linux_Rocks Aug 19
I've regretted buying versions of games, only to want it on a different platform. But I don't know if I just flat out regret getting a game itself.
Linux_Rocks Aug 19
Quoting: missingnoPuyo Puyo Tetris 2. I blame this game for the sad state of the franchise today.
I want Puyo Puyo Columns. Also, I don't hate Tetris. I hate Alexey Pajitnov. He can piss off. Though I was happy for any Puyo Puyo with the Puyo Puyo Tetris games. I got both of them physically on the Switch.

Last edited by Linux_Rocks on 19 August 2024 at 11:30 pm UTC
missingno Aug 20
I don't want any more crossovers, I want Puyo Puyo to be its own standalone thing.
Highball Aug 20
Inside. I bought the game because Limbo was really good. Inside came from the same developers.
Ehvis Aug 20
Quoting: XpanderUntil EA decided to add another rootkit named EA Anticheat into it. Which ended the possibility of playing this game for me.. So yeah..wasted some money. Got 100 hours out of it though....

I suppose the forced EA App stuff means you can't downgrade it using Steam and still have a functioning single player game. So yeah, any 3rd party dependency remains a giant red flag.
BrassGear Aug 20
StoneChess @ ~$11,000

It's not a bad game, it's just not viable in the market. Extremely few games without a very large marketing budget are.

Oops.
Xpander Aug 20
Quoting: EhvisI suppose the forced EA App stuff means you can't downgrade it using Steam and still have a functioning single player game. So yeah, any 3rd party dependency remains a giant red flag.

It doesn't have an EA App
So yeah. downgrading is possible in theory, but this game is all about clubs and participating in online rallies at least for me. I dont really care much about the career modes and stuff like that.

edit: Luckily WRC Generations works great and has online events going. It also has better car physics and grip simulation than EA WRC game, but sound design is awful on WRC Generations.

Last edited by Xpander on 20 August 2024 at 9:29 am UTC
Jarmer Aug 20
Definitely Horizon Forbidden West for me. I absolutely LOVED Zero Dawn, and I was SO PUMPED for the sequel. Waited years for it! When I first started playing FW, it was great! I was having a great time - the graphics were of course stunningly good, and Aloy was back!! But then ......... the game started showing what it really was: A completely bloated mess.

It's really confusing, because clearly the developers didn't understand or realize what gamers loved so much about the original.

The biggest give-away regarding that fact is that probably the #1 complaint about the first game was just the open-world bloat with the minor side quests, collectibles, etc. So what did they do? For the sequel they made this aspect x10000000 worse.

Not only that, but they also took a very well done weapon and armor system and transformed it into a tedious slog of collectathon boredom.

THEN on top of the open world bloat disaster, the inventory weapons armor disaster, the story was not captivating or interesting AT ALL.

It got to a point where I fired up the game one day, realized I had no idea what was going on story wise because it was just so boring, and I was going through the map and making a list of quests NOT to do because they're 100% complete wastes of time ... I just totally gave up.

One of the most disappointing gaming experiences of the past many many years.
razing32 Aug 21
Kingdom Come Deliverance
Great setting and story , great attention to detail.
But that sword combat , holy hell. It felt like operating a forklift with both shoulders dislocated. I played Chivalry 1 and Elder Scrolls and even older games like Crusaders of Might and Magic. I liked the sword combat there.
Here the enemy had infinite stamina and my character was winded after two blows.
I put up with it for 10 hours or so , trying to get around it with fetch quests , bows , sneaking.
Save system being limited to potions did nothing to endear the damn thing to me.
Eventually i left a rage and beer induced all caps review on gog and uninstalled it.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.