Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Having trouble running a game that seems to work for others.
unisectyn Jul 23, 2023
I am running rolling Arch 6.4.4. Wanted to play Blazblue CentralFiction on steam again. But have been having trouble getting it to run. Which is weird because it seems to work for some people on the steamdeck.

I can't find much help with running this on linux, because most of the playerbase is on windows.

Tried running it with Proton versions older than experimental, and that resulted in this error:
QuoteFailure: Compatibility tool failed

Then tried it with Proton Experimental, but it got stuck on Launching... Running steam from the command line didn't yield much information either (And even when I got lucky and it got past Launching and into Running, it didn't actually run anything.)
At this point, my launch options were looking like  
PROTON_USE_WINED3D=1 PROTON_LOG=1 %command%

I deleted my old prefix at steamapps/compatdata. Installed GE-proton 8-6. Tried running again while forcing the use of GE. Nothing. Tried a couple more times. Then removed the PROTON_USE_WINED3D=1. And it worked! Except... When I launched it again immediately having closed it. It went back to its old self, Running but not actually running. After a while, I tried again, and reinstalled GE-8-9. Still nothing.

I would really appreciate any kind of help on this. It feels like I can't have a single clue as to what could be going wrong. Thank you.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.