Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Our summer was too dry at first and today it got too wet
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
Pengling Aug 18, 2023
Quoting: KlaasSince it was not fresh-water from a pipe inside the house the insurance will not cover anything.
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderOh that is some class A bullshit right there..........
No kidding. That is seriously not cool...
Klaas Aug 18, 2023
Finally found a place that still had a building dryer to borrow. 100 km drive each way in a small village and the navigation system insisted that we should drive somewhere else (across a petrol station in a different village).

Edit: And I can return the dryer at a closer branch.

Last edited by Klaas on 18 August 2023 at 12:03 pm UTC
denyasis Aug 18, 2023
Quoting: KlaasSince it was not fresh-water from a pipe inside the house the insurance will not cover anything.

Oh no!! It's the same where I live. Flooding from storms is not covered. You have to have a separate flood insurance and even then, the most basic one that I am required to have only covers the building, not my belongings (up until this year is was about 25% of my mortgage). It's hella expensive.

I hope the clean up goes well and some stuff is able to be saved.

Edit: oh Crap! I just reread your post and realized it was your sewer!! Gross!! I assume you can't save much of anything then cause of the biohazard?

Last edited by denyasis on 18 August 2023 at 10:48 pm UTC
Klaas Aug 20, 2023
Everything is drying – very slowly. We're supposed to have three more very hot days and then a week of rain. That could cause further issues.
Klaas Aug 20, 2023
Quoting: denyasisEdit: oh Crap! I just reread your post and realized it was your sewer!! Gross!! I assume you can't save much of anything then cause of the biohazard?

Only things that can be disinfected – depending how things warp and how much of the smell lingers.

Obviously the water was very diluted, but that's not that reassuring.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.