Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
AMD Game Bundle Starfield seems also to work explicitly with Linux
Alexander Aug 21, 2023
I have Bought a Radeon Card which is in this Bundle Program from AMD.

That Program, where you would get the Game Strarfield. In the Infos about that Program ist multiple times statet that it is for Windows, a Windows Game and you need WIndows to check it.

QuoteI Only use Linux, have no Windows installed and also don't want to install Windows. So i asked the AMD Support like this:
"I am a exclusively Linux user and Play Windows Games with Wine/Proton/etc. and i have Bought The Card "Asrock Radeon 7900 XT(i postet the complete Modell number)" from the shop xx(i posted the Shop).

And i currently have the card in use with Linux and installed. But i think the verification Program might have Problems to work under Wine/Proton/etc...

(Not the exact same Words. but in that Way)
That was on Sunday, and Today i became an email with a link and instructions to use a Linux Beta Program to verify my Graphics card :D

I have already downloaded it, started it and it worked fine (had to make the script launchable like in the instructions stated), i am right now at the Point where i have to enter the "Gutscheincode"(it is a multilingual Program/coupon code.

I contacted the shop where i bought the Card to get the coupon code. Now i am currently waiting for the code.

I hope it will work.
Maybe this is a news Article worth?
Alexander Aug 21, 2023
I Got the Promo code from the Shop and used it in the Program from AMD. it took like 3 Seconds to look or make something and ended with no Card found.

I send them an Inxi and also Inxi -G info just as a Hint that i have the Card right now installed and the Info of that Program. Maybe it is a Bug (it should be a Bug - i have a legit Card installed)

Maybe they will ask for more System info. Now i am Waiting for the Support :D . So for me now it is a nice to have thing if i could get the Game in the end and they fix the Program and i get it that way with the Program. But if not... its not the end of the world.
Alexander Aug 21, 2023
The end of the Story is, i gave them my e-mail pdf receipt and Infos and got the game in the amd account. seems like i have to wait just for the gamerelease to get the actual steam key now.

I am kind of sad that the beta Linux tool didn't work :D
So you actually don't need Windows installed to get the Game (if the Support continue in that way.)
denyasis Aug 31, 2023
Quoting: AlexanderThe end of the Story is, i gave them my e-mail pdf receipt and Infos and got the game in the amd account. seems like i have to wait just for the gamerelease to get the actual steam key now.

I am kind of sad that the beta Linux tool didn't work :D
So you actually don't need Windows installed to get the Game (if the Support continue in that way.)

Glad you got the game! You'll have to let us know what you think. I just read a review (preview?) that made seemed pretty positive. If it works, might be a purchase for me!
Alexander May 1
So i am pretty late to post about the game now :D

But still. I got the game without any Problem. At first the performance with Proton was pretty bad and Buggy, but still i could play it al little bit. Then i didn't get too much excited about it.

I got relatively fast bored by the game. Later i Tried to play it again. The performance now is pretty good with my PC and also i tried to aproach it a bit different.
I continued with my old Savegame (i wasn't progressed much in the Game). But now i focused mainly on the Main Story.. and skipped all Dialoges that i wasn't interested in :D . That way i got into the game.

Now i also tend to make more sidequests after i got a bit more into the Storylines and the ecosystem of the Game. I really want to progress some skills, gather some better equipment, upgrade the ship - al that leads to grind a bit more sidequests an Looting.

There are some quite good Questlines. in some of them i really follow the Dialoges more than in others.

After all it is a good/Ok Game.
Steam has recorded a Playtime of 107 hours so far.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.