Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
2-player Space Invaders! :D
Pengling 5 days ago
I just found out that the SNES title, Space Invaders: The Original Game, includes a Vs. Game mode where two players competitively take on their own sets of Invaders. It completely passed me by back in the day, and I was surprised by that!

It also has a mechanic where you can send extra aliens over to your opponent's side in a similar manner to the likes of Puyo Puyo (or Kirby's Ghost Trap/Kirby's Avalanche and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, if you're old enough to remember those mascot-themed localised versions ).

It's a neat little thing, and I just wanted to give it a shout-out here for anyone else who didn't know about it and might like to give it a try.

Last edited by Pengling on 23 June 2024 at 7:12 am UTC
BlackBloodRum 5 days ago
Does that mean, instead of just kicking your butt in bomberman, I can kick your butt in space invaders too?
Pengling 5 days ago
Quoting: BlackBloodRumDoes that mean, instead of just kicking your butt in bomberman, I can kick your butt in space invaders too?
HAHAHAHAHA! You have yet to kick my butt at anything, my friend!

I can tell you, it's in a similar vein to the hilarity of multiplayer Bomberman, though - and Worms, if you've ever given that a go. It gets frantic quick, since the Invaders start lower than in the standard game.
StoneColdSpider 4 days ago
All I can think about is this.....

Quoting: BlackBloodRumDoes that mean, instead of just kicking your butt in bomberman, I can kick your butt in space invaders too?
Maybe Pengling can help you get the last ship if theres a co-op option......
Pengling 4 days ago
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderMaybe Pengling can help you get the last ship if theres a co-op option......
I'm going to need some fizzy-drinks and a mix-tape, though.
Linux_Rocks 4 days ago
Quoting: PenglingHAHAHAHAHA! You have yet to kick my butt at anything, my friend!
The whole site right after reading this topic.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.