Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Your favourite game so far of 2024?
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
Taros 3 days ago
Harold Halibut.
In a few days it hopefully will be FF14 Dawntrail.
D1Ck3n 3 days ago
LoL, ask me again in 2025, when I have time for play something from my 2024 bucket list
Ehvis 3 days ago
Haven't played much that released in '24. The biggest and best thing was the Road to Elysium DLC for The Talos Principle 2. It hurt my brain and I loved it.

I suppose Nordic Ashes could count since it released to 1.0. I've actually put 36 hours into it already. Nothing like chilling a bit while causing mayhem.

But most of the time was put in Factorio so I can keep up my skills when the new DLC releases in a few months. Very much looking forward to that and I expect that to even top the Talos 2 DLC for me.
denyasis 3 days ago
Only thing I've played that was released in the last few years was ... System Shock. Great game! Very old school in every sense, but with some modern improvements. I would definitely recommend.
kaiman 3 days ago
I found Skald: Against the Black Priory and Between Horizons pretty enjoyable, though I've only finished latter. Between Horizons has bad controls, but using a gamepad helps. Skald is good at the start, but after about 1/3rd I needed a break and haven't returned since.

I guess I'm still waiting for something that manages to really draw me in. Assuming it does not slip into 2025, Kingdom Come: Deliverance II will be that game.
mrazster 3 days ago
Last Epoch and Horizon - Forbidden West.
eldaking 3 days ago
I almost never play games on release, so I actually haven't played any games that released in 2024. I have played one game that entered early access in 2024, CivIdle (good idle game but nothing special, free with supporter pack and no microtransactions or other shit), but I don't consider that "released" yet.

I wanted to say Against the Storm, but it is from December 2023. It is a rare game I got on release (well, it released after a good while in early access). This one I got totally obsessed about, played hours every day, got a hundred hours real fast. One for my "truly exceptional indie games of all times" list. Dune Spice Wars in September 2023 was also a release buy and outstanding.

Anyway, for games released in 2024 ask me again next year or the other. Also worth noticing that most games release in the end of the year, so asking now will select from a much smaller pool (which might be the intention).
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.