Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
What do you want to see updated / improved
Liam Dawe 5 days ago
Hello GamingOnLinux fam. This is your time to shine! I am once again opening up the floor to you!

What do you want to see improved / changed on the website?

Be it some HTML / CSS issue, to some essential in-website feature that's missing or needs to be improved.

What do you want to see? Answers on a postcard as the classic saying goes 👇👇

Last edited by Liam Dawe on 25 June 2024 at 6:26 pm UTC
Pengling 5 days ago
The only thing that constantly trips me up is the code for posting images on the forum and in the comments! I'm used to it at this point, sure, but is there a reason that standard BBCode, as seen on most types of forum, can't be used for that?
Liam Dawe 4 days ago
Quoting: PenglingThe only thing that constantly trips me up is the code for posting images on the forum and in the comments! I'm used to it at this point, sure, but is there a reason that standard BBCode, as seen on most types of forum, can't be used for that?
Ah, that's because we started to move over to markdown, but never had the time to actually finish it <_<
Highball 2 days ago
Any chance you can add links to the individual charts on the Steam Tracker page? I can hand craft the links myself, but would be cool to have a easy right click and copy link. Like this Link to page elements.
Liam Dawe 2 days ago
Quoting: HighballAny chance you can add links to the individual charts on the Steam Tracker page? I can hand craft the links myself, but would be cool to have a easy right click and copy link. Like this Link to page elements.
Done, all the bold titles are now clickable and copyable anchor links.
amatai 2 days ago
It's nice to have a unified thread for the wishlist.

I already ask for it in others thread but the features I want are
  • Color code for protonDB rating of games in bundle because I'm lazy ^^

• The return of the number of games brought and the vendor used for the GoL statistics. At least a question about which store you have used to get games for the last year would be interesting (I'm curious about the percentage of users buying physical copy of game at retail, what really is the GoG/Steam distribution and how widely used are the steam key reseller)

• This one is a new idea, maybe a box where we can submit store page of a game that work fine for Linux that we want to be featured in an article. I had fun with some games recently that were developed on a KDE system but did not get some article in GoL and I never really get myself to write an email to GoL.

And of course, thank you for running this fantastic website !
Spoiler, click me
I support the Patreon but never managed to get the badge on GoL
Liam Dawe 2 days ago
Quoting: amataiColor code for protonDB rating of games in bundle because I'm lazy ^^
They don't really have anything official like Valve does, just a colour and that's it. I've been thinking on it, but not sure how to handle it. Won't be a CSS thing, because that could change any time in future and mess up how an article would look. So would need to be a picture, but what?

Quoting: amataiThe return of the number of games brought and the vendor used for the GoL statistics. At least a question about which store you have used to get games for the last year would be interesting (I'm curious about the percentage of users buying physical copy of game at retail, what really is the GoG/Steam distribution and how widely used are the steam key reseller)
Not really possible with the current system, since it's based on the same questions over time. But adding temp questions somehow might be possible in future, but it's time consuming to work on for so little gain when we all know 99% will be Steam. It doesn't seem like a question that really makes sense to have to be honest.

Quoting: amataiThis one is a new idea, maybe a box where we can submit store page of a game that work fine for Linux that we want to be featured in an article. I had fun with some games recently that were developed on a KDE system but did not get some article in GoL and I never really get myself to write an email to GoL.
Best way is just to email me. Online email boxes are too easy to spam and spoof without implementing various increasing security measures on it. Otherwise, there's the suggested-news channel in Discord for exactly that.
amatai 2 days ago
Quoting: Liam Dawe
Quoting: amataiColor code for protonDB rating of games in bundle because I'm lazy ^^
They don't really have anything official like Valve does, just a colour and that's it. I've been thinking on it, but not sure how to handle it. Won't be a CSS thing, because that could change any time in future and mess up how an article would look. So would need to be a picture, but what?
A span with a CSS rule can be a colour and then changed to be an image by changing the css rule and adding a background image to the empty box if I remember CSS correctly. So it can start as a plain box and then evolve in order to look more like a medal. The main problem would be the legacy issue if they decided to change their notation but article on bundle loose relevance very fast when the bundle is over so the issue would be very minor in the worst case.
PublicNuisance a day ago
I would like to see more info added to the PC info tracker. Could add init system, file system, BIOS (Coreboot, Libreboot, Dasharo, closed source, etc). Then again it's easy for me to push my love of data on others when I don't have to do the work.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.