Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Weekend Players' Club 7/5/2024
G'Day fellow tuxers……. Its Bruce your host here once again…….

[+..••] As for gaming this week in Emulationville I played [+..••]

Console

International Superstar Soccer 2000 (2000 Konami) - Nintendo 64 - Sports (Soccer)
Madden NFL 2003 (2002 EA Sports) - Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Football)
NBA Live 98 (1997 EA Sports) - Sony PlayStation - Sports (Basketball)
Need For Speed: Underground (2003 Electronic Arts) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Racing)
NHL Hitz 2003 (2002 Midway) - Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Hockey)
Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (2006 Konami) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Soccer)
Ricky Ponting International Cricket 2007 (2007 Codemasters) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Cricket)
Test Drive Unlimited (2007 Atari) - Sony PLayStation 2 - Sports (Racing)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 (2003 EA Sports) - Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Golf)
Triple Play 2002 (2002 EA Sports) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Baseball)

2024 T20 Cricket World Cup…...

Ricky Ponting International Cricket 2007……….

India vs Australia……….

Hello and welcome to the Crass Regional Australian Programming I am Murray Eastlake……. And today I will be bringing you all the action from 2024 T20 World Cup Final…… As Australia takes on India……

India has won the toss and elected to bat first……

This is set to be a cracker of a match and you wont want to miss a single moment of thi….. *BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT* “Do not adjust your sets…….. It is me….. The Doritos Pope….. I have taken over the airways…… AGAIN!….. This time Pengling you have gone to far…… Those cookie bombs were the last straw……. Now here is our official statement from the Banana Bint…… I mean….. April O’Neil”……. *Camera doesnt move*….. “AHEM Nacho Nun the camera” The Doritos Pope says with authority………. “Sorry Mighty Pontiff” Nacho Nun says off camera……..

*The camera pans to April O’Neil who is wearing a neck brace…….*

“Thank you oh Mighty Pontiff……. Pengling…… I did not want to be rescued……. The Mighty Pontiff has been nothing but kind and caring of me……. While you sit around on that brown sofa……. Or out playing baseball with your robotic army………. Insulting me and not caring about me……. Why would I want YOU of all people to rescue ME??”…….

“Your cookie cutter hero antics were BANG OUT OF ORDER…… Not only did you cause major damage to the Mighty Pontiffs factory but you also caused injuries to not only the Doritos Pope the Nacho Nun and myself….. But also many of the hard working employees who slave day and night to make delicious flavours like Cool Ranch and Nacho Cheese……. As well and cool refreshing Mtn Dew flavours such as Baja Blast…….. Get them in stores now”….. *April winks at the camera…….*

“So you have left Doritos Pope the Nacho Nun and myself with no other option……. We are formally suing yourself for your reckless and dangerous actions……… We are also formally suing the city for enabling your reckless and dangerous actions……. For the sum of $1 Million Dollars…… *Doritos Pope whispers into Aprils ear*……… I mean…… $100 Million Dollars……… *The Pope again whispers into Aprils ear*……… Sorry……. $100 BILLION DOLLARS”…….. *April puts her pinky finger to the corner of her lip*………..

“This will cover the damage to the factory as well as the damages both physical and financial to the employees…… As well as the physical and emotion damages to the Doritos Pope, Nacho Nun and myself…. Consider yourself served Pengling…… Thats how the cookie crumbles……. Now back to your regularly scheduled program”…….

“Very well done Banana Bi….. April…….” The Doritos Pope says proudly off camera……. “That should sort out that pesky Pengling for awhile……. And should get the Mayor very worried as well……. Good plan April…. Very good…… Soon we will conquer the……... Hey Nacho Nun why is that red light still on???……. IS THAT CAMERA STILL ON???……. YOU WERE MEANT TO TURN IT OFF YOU BUCKET OF BOL”….. *BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT*

Well there you have it folks…….. Another chapter has been entered into the great book of cricket……

And what a final that was……. Many records fell…… If you missed it you sure will be kicking yourself……. Australia are the 2024 T20 World Cup Champions in record fashion……. We will never see another final like that again thats for sure……..

Thank you for tuning into the Crass Regional Australian Programming…….. We hope you have enjoyed the 2024 T20 World Cup as much as I have enjoyed reporting on it…….. Tune in next time for action Crass Regional Australian Programming….. Same CRAP time…….. Same CRAP channel……..

This is Murray Eastlake reporting for the Crass Regional Australian Programming..... And until next time its goodbye from me….

Game Action…….

Match Result…….

Indias Batting Card…...

Australias Bowling Card…...

Australias Batting Card…….

Indias Bowling Card…...

The road to unlock the PES Penguin in Pro Evolution Soccer 6 is at 4950 PES points out of 5000……….

Other Screenshots……...

Madden NFL 2003 (2002 EA Sports) - Nintendo Gamecube - Sports (Football)

Test Drive Unlimited (2007 Atari) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Racing)

International Superstar Soccer 2000 (2000 Konami) - Nintendo 64 - Sports (Soccer)

NBA Live 98 (1997 EA Sports) - Sony PlayStation - Sports (Basketball)

Need For Speed: Underground (2003 Electronic Arts) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Racing)

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 (2003 EA Sports) - Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Golf)

Well thats it from me…… Hope all you tuxers have a good week……

Now for my bad joke of the week……
Dont be mad at lazy people....... They didnt do anything......
*ba dum.... tssssh…...*
Pengling Jul 6

My pick this weekend is Toree 3D (Proton), which I grabbed in the Steam Summer Sale after selling a bunch of trading-cards that I'd racked up, giving me very-slightly more than enough to get it for free. It's a little 3D platformer featuring a little chicken who's focussed on speeding through the little levels and following the trail of little collectibles to get to the end, and it all looks quite strange!

I'm going in quite blind here - I know that the game has gotten a positive reception over the years since it was released, and that it was originally made for a project compiling various small, weird, and spooky PlayStation-style games, called the "Haunted PS1 Demo Disc 2021", and that's about it.

I do like what I've played so far, and it definitely nails that bizarre uncanny feeling that demos of early 3D games sometimes had. I'm quite happy with it for 44p's worth of Steam trading-cards.

[+..••] Other stuff that I played this week;

40 Winks (PSX)

Atomic Bomberman (Proton)

Brotato (Proton)

Chip's Challenge (Lynx)

Cookie Clicker (Proton)

Lode Runner (NES)

Saturn Bomberman (Saturn)

Sokoban World (PCE)

Star Fox Super Weekend Competition (SNES)

Stumble Guys (Proton)

Super Bomberman 2 (SNES)

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderHello and welcome to the Crass Regional Australian Programming I am Murray Eastlake……. And today I will be bringing you all the action from 2024 T20 World Cup Final…… As Australia takes on India……

India has won the toss and elected to bat first……

This is set to be a cracker of a match and you wont want to miss a single moment of thi….. *BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT* “Do not adjust your sets…….. It is me….. The Doritos Pope….. I have taken over the airways…… AGAIN!….. This time Pengling you have gone to far…… Those cookie bombs were the last straw……. Now here is our official statement from the Banana Bint…… I mean….. April O’Neil”……. *Camera doesnt move*….. “AHEM Nacho Nun the camera” The Doritos Pope says with authority………. “Sorry Mighty Pontiff” Nacho Nun says off camera……..

*The camera pans to April O’Neil who is wearing a neck brace…….*

“Thank you oh Mighty Pontiff……. Pengling…… I did not want to be rescued……. The Mighty Pontiff has been nothing but kind and caring of me……. While you sit around on that brown sofa……. Or out playing baseball with your robotic army………. Insulting me and not caring about me……. Why would I want YOU of all people to rescue ME??”…….

“Your cookie cutter hero antics were BANG OUT OF ORDER…… Not only did you cause major damage to the Mighty Pontiffs factory but you also caused injuries to not only the Doritos Pope the Nacho Nun and myself….. But also many of the hard working employees who slave day and night to make delicious flavours like Cool Ranch and Nacho Cheese……. As well and cool refreshing Mtn Dew flavours such as Baja Blast…….. Get them in stores now”….. *April winks at the camera…….*

“So you have left Doritos Pope the Nacho Nun and myself with no other option……. We are formally suing yourself for your reckless and dangerous actions……… We are also formally suing the city for enabling your reckless and dangerous actions……. For the sum of $1 Million Dollars…… *Doritos Pope whispers into Aprils ear*……… I mean…… $100 Million Dollars……… *The Pope again whispers into Aprils ear*……… Sorry……. $100 BILLION DOLLARS”…….. *April puts her pinky finger to the corner of her lip*………..

“This will cover the damage to the factory as well as the damages both physical and financial to the employees…… As well as the physical and emotion damages to the Doritos Pope, Nacho Nun and myself…. Consider yourself served Pengling…… Thats how the cookie crumbles……. Now back to your regularly scheduled program”…….

“Very well done Banana Bi….. April…….” The Doritos Pope says proudly off camera……. “That should sort out that pesky Pengling for awhile……. And should get the Mayor very worried as well……. Good plan April…. Very good…… Soon we will conquer the……... Hey Nacho Nun why is that red light still on???……. IS THAT CAMERA STILL ON???……. YOU WERE MEANT TO TURN IT OFF YOU BUCKET OF BOL”….. *BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT*

Well there you have it folks…….. Another chapter has been entered into the great book of cricket……

And what a final that was……. Many records fell…… If you missed it you sure will be kicking yourself……. Australia are the 2024 T20 World Cup Champions in record fashion……. We will never see another final like that again thats for sure……..

Thank you for tuning into the Crass Regional Australian Programming…….. We hope you have enjoyed the 2024 T20 World Cup as much as I have enjoyed reporting on it…….. Tune in next time for action Crass Regional Australian Programming….. Same CRAP time…….. Same CRAP channel……..

This is Murray Eastlake reporting for the Crass Regional Australian Programming..... And until next time its goodbye from me….
HAHAHAHAHA! Ahem...

Oh my God, it's like the opening to The Incredibles!

Hear this, Banana Bint: Bomberman was rescuing me, not you - nobody wants to rescue you.

I'm starting to think that you're not even the real April O'Neil... EXPECT MORE BOMB-COOKIES! THIS IS WAR!

Quoting: StoneColdSpider
They have no idea what's gone on!

The road to unlock the PES Penguin in Pro Evolution Soccer 6 is at 4950 PES points out of 5000……….
Only 50 more points! Keep going!

Oh God, he looks SO sad!

"AAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHH!!",
"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHH!!!".

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderNow for my bad joke of the week……
Dont be mad at lazy people....... They didnt do anything......
*ba dum.... tssssh…...*
Hahaha!
Quoting: Pengling
My pick this weekend is Toree 3D (Proton)
What the hell is that???.........

Quoting: PenglingIt's a little 3D platformer featuring a little chicken who's focussed on speeding through the little levels and following the trail of little collectibles to get to the end, and it all looks quite strange!
IF thats a chicken then I know where bird flu came from.......

Quoting: PenglingI'm going in quite blind here
Going by the screenshot I think thats a blessing......

40 Winks (PSX)
At this rate it will takje you 40 weeks to finish it......

Atomic Bomberman (Proton)
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING.......

Brotato (Proton)
What on earth is actually going on???......

Chip's Challenge (Lynx)
A classic game I havnt heard of for a long time......

Cookie Clicker (Proton)
So this is where Bomberman gets his bombs from.....

Lode Runner (NES)
Another good classic game....

Saturn Bomberman (Saturn)
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING x2.........

Sokoban World (PCE)
What do you think is the best console version of Sokoban???.....

Star Fox Super Weekend Competition (SNES)
Did you do a barrel roll???........

Stumble Guys (Proton)
"Temple Run"...... Wasnt that a really shite mobile game???......

Super Bomberman 2 (SNES)
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING x3......

Quoting: PenglingHAHAHAHAHA! Ahem...

Oh my God, it's like the opening to The Incredibles!

Hear this, Banana Bint: Bomberman was rescuing me, not you - nobody wants to rescue you.

I'm starting to think that you're not even the real April O'Neil... EXPECT MORE BOMB-COOKIES! THIS IS WAR!
*Spider does his best Winston Churchill impersonation........*
"We shall fight them on the chocolate chips....... We shall fight them on the Peanut Butter..... We shall fight them on the Oatmeal Raisin....... We shall even fight them on the Cinnabon...... We shall never surrender......."

Quoting: PenglingThey have no idea what's gone on!
Neither does anyone else cause Doritos Pope stopped everyone from watching......

Quoting: PenglingOnly 50 more points! Keep going!
I can see the light at the end of the tunnel......... OH SHIT ITS A TRAIN!!!......

Quoting: PenglingOh God, he looks SO sad!
And that was after they won...... imagine how sad he would look if they lost......

Quoting: Pengling"AAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHH!!",
"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHH!!!".
LOL...... You just reminded me of this.......

Quoting: PenglingHahaha!
Its true though.....
Pengling Jul 11
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderWhat the hell is that???.........
A little chicken in a big pink city, with a giant smiling star.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderAt this rate it will takje you 40 weeks to finish it......
Hopefully not!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DAMMIT PENGLING.......
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DAMMIT PENGLING x2.........
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DAMMIT PENGLING x3......
x3

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderWhat on earth is actually going on???......
A soldier-potato has lots of weapons and is fighting lots of aliens.

Quoting: PenglingA classic game I havnt heard of for a long time......
It's crazy to me how Chip's Challenge was once such a big deal, but now seems to be almost entirely forgotten.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderSo this is where Bomberman gets his bombs from.....
This is where we make cookie-coated bombs.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderAnother good classic game....
And Bomberman-adjacent, in the case of this Hudson Soft version.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderWhat do you think is the best console version of Sokoban???.....
That's the only console one I've played, so that one, I guess?

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderDid you do a barrel roll???........
It's an Aileron roll.

Quoting: StoneColdSpider"Temple Run"...... Wasnt that a really shite mobile game???......
It says Temple Ruin, though...

Quoting: StoneColdSpider*Spider does his best Winston Churchill impersonation........*
"We shall fight them on the chocolate chips....... We shall fight them on the Peanut Butter..... We shall fight them on the Oatmeal Raisin....... We shall even fight them on the Cinnabon...... We shall never surrender......."
Hahaha!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderI can see the light at the end of the tunnel......... OH SHIT ITS A TRAIN!!!......
HAHAHA!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderAnd that was after they won...... imagine how sad he would look if they lost......
Oh man, I'm not sure we'd be able to handle that level of sadness!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderLOL...... You just reminded me of this.......
I was thinking more along the lines of Dragon Ball Z, personally.

Last edited by Pengling on 11 July 2024 at 11:05 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.