Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
I'm working on a native Linux port for my game Classic Sport Driving, and I'm calling for beta testers!?
Page: «2/3»
  Go to:
Ehvis Jul 22
Everything mostly works for me. Technically I only noticed some screen corruption at the left and right edge of the screen. Not rendering the full 3440 pixels width (ultrawide). Other than that, no issues so far and everything runs smooth and it isn't making my PC sweat.

As for the game itself. Game does have that old school feel and it takes getting used to. Took me a while before I even got the first checkpoint. The campaign feels unbalanced though. Races feel randomly generated without much consideration for difficulty. A lot of blind turns with the most annoying ones being a single sign pointing you one way on top of the hill and then immediately going the other way right after it.

Overall it's looking good though!
Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad it runs smooth, and you like the graphics.
It's true that the game is not easy... But games from the old weren't either! ;)
You can trust the density of turn signs to guess how hard a curve will be. A single turn sign means that you almost don't have to turn at all... ;)
Hey, does anyone know how to reach @GamingOnLinuxUser?
The issue he is suffering from (irregular strong lags) is the major issue that worries me right now. Except from it, I'd be confident to release on Linux (after some menus refresh to make the game look good). :)

Of course I'm still interested in any tests from a machine that is at least as good as ryzen + gtx1060 + 8GB ram!
Don't hesitate to ask me for a Steam key, or use the direct link on the first page... :)

Thanks!
Sylvain.
Quoting: EhvisTechnically I only noticed some screen corruption at the left and right edge of the screen. Not rendering the full 3440 pixels width (ultrawide).
Any chance that you could screenshot the issue? Thanks!
tuubi Jul 23
Quoting: Sylvain_PixelWrappers
Quoting: EhvisTechnically I only noticed some screen corruption at the left and right edge of the screen. Not rendering the full 3440 pixels width (ultrawide).
Isn't this the same issue tom had above? An aspect ratio other than 16:9, this time ultrawide at 3440×1440 (43∶18).
Quoting: tuubiIsn't this the same issue tom had above? An aspect ratio other than 16:9, this time ultrawide at 3440×1440 (43∶18).
Probably similar, but the other way round. Tom has a screen that is less wide than 16:10... ;)

Last edited by Sylvain_PixelWrappers on 23 July 2024 at 6:34 pm UTC
tuubi Jul 23
Quoting: tuubiIsn't this the same issue tom had above? An aspect ratio other than 16:9, this time ultrawide at 3440×1440 (43∶18).
Probably similar, but the other way round. Tom has a screen that is less wide than 16:10... ;)
Yes, obviously. But seems like in both cases the area outside of the game isn't cleared.

PS Apparently you can't reproduce this by simply forcing the game into a window and setting a weird aspect ratio using Unity's command line arguments. I get proper black bars around the game when I try that.
Quoting: tuubiPS Apparently you can't reproduce this by simply forcing the game into a window and setting a weird aspect ratio using Unity's command line arguments. I get proper black bars around the game when I try that.
That's... Annoying...
But not a show stopper. I'm more worried now about the strange lags of @GamingOnLinuxUser... ;)
Hello, good news!
I could have a chat with GamingOnLinuxUser, and his issue was his display resolution (4k) that was too much to handle for his GTX970.

I now feel relatively confident to release the game on Linux. :)
It won't be soon, however, as I'd like to rework the main menu, to make a better first impression. :)

In the meantime, I'd still be happy to have new Linux testers. Don't hesitate to install the archive from the first post, or to ask for a Steam key! :)

(I'll be monitoring this topic further)

Thanks again for your help!

Sylvain.
Ehvis Jul 28

The bars are 13 pixels on each side (not a size I would have guessed) and the contents vary.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.