Weekend Players' Club 7/19/2024
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
InaPhillips Aug 16
Might just be nostalgia talking, but WWF Smackdown! 2: Know Your Role is still one of my favorite wrestling games. Back in the day, I had no memory card, so I could never save my story mode progress, but I would always start over with a new wrestler. Had hours and hours of fun with SD 2.
Quoting: InaPhillipsMight just be nostalgia talking, but WWF Smackdown! 2: Know Your Role is still one of my favorite wrestling games.
No its not just nostalgia...... WWF Smackdown! 2: Know Your Role does still hold up very well today....... Its a really great fast action arcade style wrestling game...... Awesome fun...... Made even better with emulation thanks to save states and being able to up the emulation speed to shorten those awful PS1 loading times at the push of a button.........

On a side note my favourite wrestling game is actually WWE Smackdown! vs RAW 2007 on the PS2...... Another really good game thats more geared towards faster arcade style of gameplay...... The animation for that game are awesome too and really make the moves seem so violent and painful........ And the create a wrestler feature is actually really quite robust for a PS2 game........ Combined with a pretty good storyline mode and its a really good fun game..... As long as the controls are set to "classic".....

The current wrestling games are way to dull and boring with a never ending string of DLC crap for my liking......... "Realistic" wrestling games just dont work for me...... If you want a true authentic realistic wrestling game then it would be nothing but QTEs to make sure your in the right spot at the right time and doing the correct moves to stay on script while playing backstage politics to move up the card to be a main eventer........

WWE Smackdown! vs RAW 2006 is also fantastic as well....... And of course everyone raves about WWF No Mercy on the N64...... And its a good game for sure........ But I just didnt like it as much as SD2 or SvR 2007...... I think it has to do with the fact that the controls are way to complicated than they actually needed to be.........

I just like my wrestling games to be dumb, simple fun..... A bit like me........
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.