You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Dick Trickles Racing Career: Part 50
Dick Trickles Racing Career: Part 50
NASCAR Dirt to Daytona: Part 50
Craftsman Truck Series Season 1: Race 4

Intro music…... Hello and welcome to Left Turn Heaven exclusively on the Crass Racing Association Programming..... Im Murray Eastlake and today im going to be bringing you all the action from the 2006 Craftsman Truck Series: Round 4 of 14 here at Dover International Speedway……..

Dover International Speedway…….

Dover International Speedway is 1 mile long with 24 degrees of banking in the turns and 9 degrees of banking on the straights.... Known as "The Monster Mile" Dover is the fastest 1 mile track on the calendar...... This concrete track is completely banked..... Even the straights are banked...... The only flat part of the track is the pit lane...... You need a very good handling car and lots of horse power to tame The Monster Mile..... A mock up of the winners car is placed on the giant Miles The Monster statue situated at the tracks entrance.......

Dick Trickle as per usual has been keeping VERY busy……. This time competing in not one but TWO Featherlite Modified Series race in his Grinch Performance Modified Flaming Dick Machine which is still firing on call cylinders to get two more victories for Dick……. Which of course gives him more money to spend on the Sears Craftsman Die Hard Dick Machine…...

2006 Featherlite Modified Series Season: Round 4 of 10……

2006 Featherlite Modified Series Season: Round 5 of 10……

After the win in Martinsville last week Dennis Setzer will be looking for another strong run here at Dover……. While Travis Kvapil will be looking for another win to extend his championship lead even further…… Last years Craftsman Truck Series Champion the Scumbag Rick Crawford will be looking for his first win of the season…….

But all the talk this week was about the 2005 Featherlite Modified Series Champion and the 2006 Craftsman Truck Series rookie sensation Dick Trickle……. After blowing out a tyre last week on the closing laps that cost him a certain victory…… Dick will be looking for a good bounce back round here today…….

Dick Trickle not only repaired the truck after last weeks incident but has also bought a new exhaust system for the truck…… Its looks real nice and shiny and Dick hope it adds the extra horsepower needed to capture the win he wants to badly……..

Exhaust Upgrade……

Dont touch the sets...... Dont touch the dials...... You wont want to miss a single moment of the 2006 Craftsman Truck Series....… Practice and qualifying are coming up right now……

Dick Trickle at the track ready to race.…

Dick Trickle and Dick Seaman as per usual spent a lot of time in practice sorting out the truck…… Working on everything from gear ratios to grill tape…… Looking at the lap times things wernt looking good and neither Dick was happy when practice came to a close…… It might be a long hard day for the Dicks…….

Qualifying was up next……. And it was Dennis Setzer who set the pace with a time of 24.864 with Bobby Dotter taking second setting a time of 25.007………

Third was the current championship leader Travis Kvapil who set a 25.111……. While Randy MacDonald captured fourth place on the grid with a good time of 25.310……..

Rounding out the top five was last years champion….. The Scumbag Rick Crawford with a time of 25.321……. Pity NASCAR wont kick this scumbag out of the series……...

Dick Trickle had a terrible time in qualifying….. The truck was not doing what he wanted or needed it to and ended up setting a very disappointing time of 25.698 and will start the race down in ninth position……..

Qualifying Results........

Dick Trickle lined up ready to start the race..….

Dennis Setzer led the field to the green flag to start with 100 lap race…….. Setzer got a great start and was not challenged going into turn one….. While Bobby Dotter was trying to get down in behind Setzer but Travis Kvapil was not making it easy for Dotter and ended up hanging Dotter out to dry on the outside and drove into second place……

Randy MacDonald followed Kvapil and Bobby Dotter suddenly found himself down in fourth with the Scumbag Rick Crawford poised to take that position from him too…..

Dick got off to a limp start……. He was down in thirteenth before turn one……. His truck taking a long time to wind up……. Jon Wood was battling Dick hard to try and take that position…… As Jason Small was doing his best to keep Dick behind him…….

After a few laps Dicks truck sprung to life and was now matching the pace of the leaders…… Dick got passed Jason Small with ease…… It seems Dick has a long truck and hes not going to get away to well from any restarts……. That might cause him some problems later……

Out front and Dennis Setzer was setting the early pace with Bobby Dotter and Travis Kvapil fighting hard for Second…… Setzer was able to build a nice little gap as the two fought hard behind him……

The Scumbag Rick Crawford managed to find a way past Randy MacDonald who was slowly but surly dropping off the pace of the leaders…… Scumbag Crawford was now looking the hunt down Dotter and Kvapil…….

Dick with the help of his spotter Jacques O’Ften had managed to climb his way up to fifth place with some really good driving through the slower lapped trucks….. He had Brendan Gaughan and Matt Crafton for company and was dragging them along with him…….

On lap 40 the Scumbag Rick Crawford made contact with Dick Blaha and put Blaha into a spin…... Blaha managed to void the wall and keep going but the spins till brought out the yellow flags and we were now under the first caution period of the race……

Dick lit a cigarette during the caution and came down for four tyres two cans of fuel and made a wedge adjustment hoping to free up the truck in the turns as he discussed with his crew chief Dick Seaman on the radio before making the stop……

Everyone else came into the pits during the caution….. With only 10 trucks on the lead lap pitting for the leaders was rather easily…… Everyone else had to fight it out during the second lap of the caution and there was some contact in this very tight narrow pit lane…….

After the green flag waved to restart the race Dick again went backwards……. As his truck doesnt like starting and he feel down from fifth to tenth and was now the last truck on the lead lap…….

Travis Kvapil had managed to leapfrog Dennis Setzer during the pit stops and he now found himself out in the lead of the race……. With Bobby Dotter now in second……

Dick was again trying to work is way back up through the pack and again after a few laps he was able to run very well….. He was making positions as Robert Pressley just had nothing to stop Dick……

Out front and Bobby Dotter was now the leader with Travis Kvapil in second…… Dennis Setzer had trouble with the lapped traffic and had a glancing blow against the outside wall…… He slowed down to check the truck was all ok…… And was back up to speed quickly…… But he certainly wasnt as fast as he was before as there is a bit of body work damage on the front right corner of the truck…… That will hamper the handling thats for sure…..

Meanwhile the Sears Craftsman Die Hard Dick Machine was back up again to fifth and was looking very good…… Dick was all over the back of the Scumbag Rick Crawford and im hoping Dick takes him out…….

Matt Crafton was having a nice quiet race and was sitting comfortably in third place……. He has stayed out of trouble and kept the truck clean…… Hes looking good for top five finish……

Dick is still battling hard with the Scumbag Rick Crawford…….. Crawford was doing just enough to keep Dick behind him including making some questionable moves that almost resulted in Dick losing his front end…….

Out front and Bobby Dotter is also battling hard with Travis Kvapil…….. And is doing a great job keeping the championship leader behind him…….

But with 22 laps to go…… Disaster for Bobby Dotter as he ran into the lapped truck of Randy MacDonald who had fallen right off the pace……. MacDonald was sent hard into the outside wall and out of the race during to extensive damage sustained to the truck…… While Dotter had not escaped unharmed either and was now carrying quite extensive damage on the front of the truck.……..

This brought out the second caution period of the race……. Dick came down the pit lane…… Changing all four tyres and taking enough fuel to finish the race….. Dick Seaman made a tyre pressure adjustment in hopes that the truck would come to life sooner than it has so far…… Both Dicks had no idea how to fix the truck for the start a run and well they had to try something…… Tyre pressures was about about the only change they had time for during the pitstop…..…..

Dick went from fourth to fifth during the pitstop as he was passed in the pits by Dennis Setzer who had very quickly repaired the front right of the truck as best they could without losing any time…….. Dick was not having his best day and was just hanging in there hoping for the top ten or even a top five finishing position……

As the green flag waved to restart the race again…… Travis Kvapil got a great start and was clear into the lead with the Scumbag Rick Crawford behind him…… While Matt Crafton was doing well still sitting in third…….

Dick was again going backwards he had no actual places to lose as he was the last truck on the lead lap but he was getting overtaken by trucks that where a lap or more behind him…….

Dennis Setzer made quick work of Matt Crafton who got stuck behind a lapped truck and Setzer made the most of the opportunity…….. Setzer was now focused on the Scumbag Rick Crawford in second…….

As the laps wound down Dicks truck was again brought to life and was lapping faster than the leaders…… He set the fastest lap of the race but it was not looking like he was going to gain anymore positions……..

Dennis Setzer was now right on the rear of Rick Crawford who was having trouble with the lapped trucks……. He made the same error that Matt Crafton made a few laps earlier and was hung out to dry on the outside behind a lapped truck……. This allowed Dennis Setzer to take second and he was now looking to take the lead away from Travis Kvapil……

ONTO THE FINAL LAP NOW AND DENNIS SERTZER IS ALL OVER THE REAR OF TRAVIS KVAPIL……. KVAPIL IS DOING A GREAT JOB KEEPING SETZER AT BAY……. DOWN THE BACK STRAIGHT NOW FOR THE FINAL TIME……. SETZER LOOKS TO THE INSIDE BUT HAS HIS NOSE IS ALMOST CHOPPED OFF BY KVAPIL……. INTO TURN THREE AND KVAPIL HUGS THE INSIDE OF THE TRACK LIKE HIS LIFE DEPENDS ON IT…… SETZER HAS TO GO AROUND THE INSIDE…….. HE GETS UP THE OUTSIDE OF KVAPIL……. HES UP TO THE ABOUT THE REAR WHEEL OF KVAPILS TRUCK AS THEY EXIT TURN FOUR……. THEY NOW DRAG RACE DOWN THE FRONT STRAIGHT TO THE CHEQUERED FLAG…….. KVAPIL HAS HIS NOSE IN FRONT…….. AND KVAPIL TAKES THE WIN BY JUST 0.110 OF A SECOND……..

Dennis Setzer take a bow…… What a great fight back to claim second……. He almost had the win…… He just needed another lap……. What great driving by both men……

Third is that bloody Scumbag Rick Crawford……. Who was 4.3 seconds behind the leader……

COMING OUT OF TURN FOUR AND DICK HAS CAUGHT MATT CRAFTON……… THEY DRAG RACE TO THE LINE…….. DICK AND CRATON ARE NECK AND NECK….. THEY CROSS THE LINE SIDE BY SIDE I HAVE NO IDEA WHO WAS AHEAD!!!!!………

AND…….. ITS MATT CRAFTON………. CRAFTON TAKES FOURTH BY JUST 0.052 OF A SECOND……… DICK HAS TO SETTLE FOR FIFTH…….. WHAT A FINISH!!……..

Race Results..…

After the race Travis Kvapil does a Monster Mile burnout down the main straight……

As Dick returns to the paddock area……. A sweaty wet limp Dick gets out of the truck…… He looks totally exhausted after the race…… His wife Pussy Galore is the first to greet him once he gets out……..

I managed to get in between them and get my hands on Dick for a few words……. “That was one of the toughest races ive ever had Murray…… The Sears Craftsman Die Hard Dick Machine was a real handful out there…… It was a real fight behind the wheel……. I have no idea how I finished the race…….”

“We were off all weekend Murray……. We were so far out in the woods after practice I found the Teddy Bears Picnic……. I thought we would be outside the top ten for sure……. But we dug in and kept working on the truck as best we could…… Not many changes can be made after starting the race but we did the best with what we had…….”

“A top five feels like a win after battling that hard…… Compliments to [Matt] Crafton…… He drove real clean in the final laps there….. He had more than a few chances to take me out but he put up a good clean fight to the finish…… Thats what the fans want to see more off…… Hope Jason Sulivan is watching……. Thats how you are meant to race you little *BEEP*ING *BEEP*……”

“Off to Texas next week…… The first of the more traditional 1.5 mile quad-ovals…….. Should be able to see what this truck has on a more normal track…… Hopefully we will get it handling better next week……. I sure as hell dont want ride that bucking bronco again next week……. Thats Pussy Galores job…...”

“You know something Murray I still havnt heard from Goodyear…… Its like they dont care about their Craftsman Truck Series tyres I just dont get it….. I still have the tyre in the transporter from last week if they want to look at at……. You know where to find me Goodyear…… Unless you are chicken……..”

Well there you have it folks…….. Another race has been entered into the great book of motorsport…...

Next week the 2006 Craftsman Truck Series heads to Texas Motor Speedway…..

Can the current Craftsman Truck Series Championship leader Travis Kvapil make it back to back victories???……. Can Dennis Setzer get his second win of the season???……. Will the Scumbag Rick Crawford finally taste victory in 2006???…….. Will Matt Crafton capitalise on his excellent top five place here???……. Or will Dick harden up and take his first ever series victory???……..

Tune in next week for the answers to all these questions and more….. Exclusively here on Left Turn Heaven…….. Same CRAP time…… Same CRAP network………..

This is Murray Eastlake reporting for Left Turn Heaven exclusively here on Crass Racing Association Programming..... And until next time its goodbye from me……

As for why I keep calling the Scumbag Rick Crawford a “Scumbag”…….. There is a very good reason for that…….. the Scumbag Rick Crawford was a real Craftsman Truck Series driver…….. Who is now sitting in jail…….. In 2018 The Scumbag Rick Crawford was arrested, charged and later convicted of "attempted enticement of a minor" when he was caught in a FBI sex crime sting operation……. He is currently serving a 10 year 10 month jail sentence…….. The Scumbag…….

Winnings.…

NASCAR Heat Weekly….

2006 Truck Series Championship Standings after round 4 of 14.…

First lap Hard Dick Truckin’ action....
Pengling Jul 23
Quoting: StoneColdSpider“We were off all weekend Murray……. We were so far out in the woods after practice I found the Teddy Bears Picnic……. I thought we would be outside the top ten for sure……. But we dug in and kept working on the truck as best we could…… Not many changes can be made after starting the race but we did the best with what we had…….”
HAHAHA! I certainly didn't expect a reference to a traditional children's song, there! Very funny.

Quoting: StoneColdSpider“A top five feels like a win after battling that hard…… Compliments to [Matt] Crafton…… He drove real clean in the final laps there….. He had more than a few chances to take me out but he put up a good clean fight to the finish…… Thats what the fans want to see more off…… Hope Jason Sulivan is watching……. Thats how you are meant to race you little *BEEP*ING *BEEP*……”
I had a good laugh at this callback to past installments, too.

Anyway, I didn't expect such a varied race - this week's installment was a really fun read.

Last edited by Pengling on 23 July 2024 at 10:02 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.