Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Weekend Players' Club 7/26/2024
G'Day fellow tuxers……. Its Bruce your host here once again…….

[+..••] As for gaming this week in Emulationville I played [+..••]

Console

International Superstar Soccer 2000 (2000 Konami) - Nintendo 64 - Sports (Soccer)
Madden NFL 2003 (2002 EA Sports) - Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Football)
NASCAR: Dirt to Daytona (2002 Infogrames) – Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Racing)
NASCAR: Dirt to Daytona (2002 Infogrames) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Racing)
NHL Hitz 2003 (2002 Midway) - Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Hockey)
Test Drive Unlimited (2007 Atari) - Sony PLayStation 2 - Sports (Racing)
Triple Play 2002 (2002 EA Sports) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Baseball)
WWF SmackDown! 2: Know Your Role (2000 THQ) - Sony PlayStation - Sports (Wrestling)

Screenshots……...

Test Drive Unlimited (2007 Atari) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Racing)

Madden NFL 2003 (2002 EA Sports) - Nintendo Gamecube - Sports (Football)

Triple Play 2002 (2002 EA Sports) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Baseball)

WWF SmackDown! 2: Know Your Role (2000 THQ) - Sony PlayStation - Sports (Wrestling)

International Superstar Soccer 2000 (2000 Konami) - Nintendo 64 - Sports (Soccer)

NASCAR: Dirt to Daytona (2002 Infogrames) – Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Racing)

Well thats it from me…… Hope all you tuxers have a good week……

Now for my bad joke of the week……
Q: Whats a foot long and slippery???........
A: A slipper.....
*ba dum.... tssssh…...*
Pengling Jul 26

My pick this weekend is Distance (Native Linux), which I discovered via GOL's article on it a month ago, and then picked up during the Steam Summer Sale, and which I've now just gotten started on.

It's a very unusual combination of genres - it's part driving and part 3D-platformer, with some parkour-like elements thrown in, too (the car-handling reminds me a little bit of Rocket League, which I used to play on the Nintendo Switch before Epic Games bought it and its developer, at which point I dropped it like a hot potato), along with a mystery unfolding around you as you attempt to escape whatever's going on. It doesn't sound like it should work, but it totally does! It's decently challenging, too, but its checkpoint system is pretty fair, and it's very strongly got that arcade-style "One more go!" factor to go with that.

I'm glad that I discovered this one, as I'm quite enjoying it so far.

[+..••] Other stuff that I played this week;

Asteroids (Arcade)

Atomic Bomberman (Proton)

Brotato (Proton)

Cookie Clicker (Proton)

Donkey Kong Country Competition Cartridge (SNES)

Firestriker (SNES)

Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion: HD Renovation (Proton)

Star Fox 2 (Near-final) (SNES)

Super Bomberman 2 (SNES)

Super Bomberman 4 (SNES)

Worms (MD)

Quoting: StoneColdSpider
Test Drive Unlimited (2007 Atari) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Racing)
I like the way that they made clever use of the PS2's limitations, here - though the background looks low-poly and thus very "video game-like", they've poured most of the polygons into the car, which looks quite realistic even today. I'm quite impressed by that!

Throw your hands up in the air like you just don't care!

He looks confused.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderNow for my bad joke of the week……
Q: Whats a foot long and slippery???........
A: A slipper.....
*ba dum.... tssssh…...*
That is dreadful.
missingno Jul 28
Under Night In-Birth II [Sys:Celes] - Uzuki is here! I haven't been playing much since Combo Breaker, but now I gotta boot it back up to check out the funny girl with the big hat. She's an absolute blast to play, I just love big buttons. Streamed an open lobby night, have some highlights: 1 2 3 4 5

Splatoon 3 - Had a long session with our coach picking apart two replays, they thoroughly exposed how incompetent we all are gave us a lot of helpful advice on what our team needs to work on.

Persona 4 Golden - Still early in, finished Kanji's dungeon. My attention's getting split between too many other stuff but I will finish this thing eventually.

Mahjong Soul/Riichi City/IRL mahjong - Last two weeks have been rough at the local club, I am not doing so hot in league standings. Shoulda drawn better tiles.

Summon Night Swordcraft Story - Browsing through what to play next on my Miyoo Mini Plus, just felt like revisiting an old childhood favorite. Still waiting for the third game's translation patch...

Slay the Spire - Packmaster runs are second monitor content while I watch Youtube. Chill comfort game.
Quoting: Pengling
My pick this weekend is Distance (Native Linux), which I discovered via GOL's article on it a month ago
I have NFI whats happening in that screenshot.......

Quoting: PenglingIt's a very unusual combination of genres - it's part driving and part 3D-platformer
That sounds like normal driving in the Australian outback.......

Asteroids (Arcade)
I didnt think you were that old......

Atomic Bomberman (Proton)
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!!..........

Brotato (Proton)
So much brown.......

Cookie Clicker (Proton)
I thought that was sperm surrounding the cookie for a second....... Turns out it was just hands......

Donkey Kong Country Competition Cartridge (SNES)
ITS.... D K.... ERGH...... DONKEY KONG....

Firestriker (SNES)
Now all I can think about is Firestarter........

Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion: HD Renovation (Proton)
So many polygons...... So much EMOTION.......

Star Fox 2 (Near-final) (SNES)
Do an alien roll......

Super Bomberman 2 (SNES)
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!! x2........

Super Bomberman 4 (SNES)
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING x3.......

Worms (MD)
That is one happy looking snowman.....

Quoting: PenglingI like the way that they made clever use of the PS2's limitations, here - though the background looks low-poly and thus very "video game-like", they've poured most of the polygons into the car, which looks quite realistic even today. I'm quite impressed by that!
I think they did a fantastic job to cram one entire Hawaiian Island onto a PS2 disc....... The game features over 1,600 km (1,00 miles) of roads and highways........

Quoting: PenglingThrow your hands up in the air like you just don't care!
Well he should care cause hes the goalie.......

Quoting: PenglingHe looks confused.
I was thinking more constipated.......

Quoting: PenglingThat is dreadful.
And thats why its the bad joke of the week segment........
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.