Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Ubisoft Connect on Linux and Steam Deck via Heroic
Ponda Aug 19
I thought I would share my new favourite method of using Ubisoft Connect on Linux (and Steam Deck), in case somebody will be looking for it. The idea is to have Ubisoft games listed in Heroic, but sharing the same Ubisoft Connect installation and prefix. Turns out, it's not only possible but also quite easy! Unfortunately, it works only for installed games and not entire Ubisoft library.

1. Install Ubisoft Connect in Heroic.

• Press "Add game" button in library view and fill out the details.

• Click "Run installer first" and chose installer executable, which you can download from Ubisoft's website.

• Once installed, select UbisoftConnect.exe as executable. It can be found in `/your/Ubisoft/prefix/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Ubisoft/Ubisoft Game Launcher`.

2. Add a game to Heroic.

• Open Ubisoft Connect and install the game. During installation, check a box to create desktop entry.

• Press "Add game" button again and fill it out as if you were creating another Ubisoft Connect entry. Wine version, prefix and executable should be the same as in your Ubisoft Connect entry, the only difference being displayed name and image.

• Open game shortcut on your desktop with any text editor and copy the link inside, for example `uplay://launch/123/0`. You can now delete the shortcut.

• In Heroic, open settings for the entry you created for your game. Under "Advanced" tab, paste the link from shortcut as "Game Arguments".

That's all! You will have to do it for every game you install, which is a nuisance, but takes barely any time once you get used to it.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.