Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Weekend Players' Club 8/23/2024
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
Klaas Aug 25
I've been thinking about going to the botanical garden since today (and tomorrow) are supposed to be the only days in the next two weeks with bearable temperatures, but with the current state of the train system I would have been to late for the only guided tour today that isn't cancelled due to illness.
Quoting: Pengling
My pick this weekend is Kill It With Fire (Proton), a humourous first-person extermination game where you're tasked with killing spiders* using increasingly-outlandish means - including fire, as per the title.

*No, not that one. It'd be rude to eliminate our host!

Now let's break a record.
YOU KILLED MY WIFE AND KIDS!!!!!.........

Bomberman (Arcade)
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING!.......

Bomberman '94 (PC Engine)
GOD DMAIINT PENGLING!! x2.......

Bomberman World (Arcade)
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!! x3.......

Bomb Jack (Arcade)
MORE BOMBS!!!!.......

Cookie Clicker (Proton)
Put that cookie down!......

Donkey Kong Country: Boss Blitz (SNES) (Hack)
Finally... a Normal game...... Ahem......

Flicky (Arcade)
Wasnt there another name for that game people used at the time???.....

Glover (N64)
Now thats what I call a hand job......

Looking for Aliens (Proton)
That games does have a really nice art style.....

Neo Bomberman (Neo Geo)
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!!! x4........

PathBlasters (Native Linux)
With so many bomb games im sure you are on a government watch list.......

Saturn Bomberman (Saturn)
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!!!! x5......

Super Bomberman 2 (SNES)
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!!!!! x6..........

Super Bomberman 3 (SNES)
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!!!!!! x7........

Super Bomberman R (Proton)
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!!!!!!! x8........

Super Bomberman R 2 (Proton)
GOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!!!!!!!! x9.........

Wario Blast Featuring Bomberman! (GB)
GOD DAMMIT PENLING!!!!!!!!!! x10........ (New Record!!!)......

Quoting: PenglingIt looks like there's something terrifying just off-camera, here!
He saw Taylor Swift in the corporate box......

Quoting: PenglingEr, is your guy alright? He looks like he's set himself on fire...
I didnt set myself on fire at all...... You did it trying to kill me!!!!......

Quoting: PenglingHaha, I see what you did there!
Did what??? *Whistles innocently*......

Quoting: PenglingHAHAHA!
That is one of my favourite jokes......
Klaas Aug 27
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderMadden NFL 2003 (2002 EA Sports) - Nintendo Gamecube - Sports (Football)

Are all facial animations of that quality?
Quoting: Klaas
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderMadden NFL 2003 (2002 EA Sports) - Nintendo Gamecube - Sports (Football)

Are all facial animations of that quality?
Yes they are..... Just ask Pengling...... She made a nice Christmas Card out of one of the screenshots a few weeks ago........
whizse Aug 27
Quoting: StoneColdSpider
Test Drive Unlimited (2007 Atari) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Racing)
Fantastic car, just make sure to get the angle quite right!
Pengling Aug 29
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderYOU KILLED MY WIFE AND KIDS!!!!!.........
Did not!

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DAMMIT PENGLING!.......
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DMAIINT PENGLING!! x2.......
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!! x3.......
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!!! x4........
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!!!! x5......
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!!!!! x6..........
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!!!!!! x7........
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!!!!!!! x8........
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DAMMIT PENGLING!!!!!!!!! x9.........
Quoting: StoneColdSpiderGOD DAMMIT PENLING!!!!!!!!!! x10........ (New Record!!!)......
GODDAMNIT SPIDER!!!!!!!!!! x10

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderWasnt there another name for that game people used at the time???.....
Not that I know of.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderThat games does have a really nice art style.....
It does, and the bouncy little animations are cute, too. It's always fun trying to find the various hidden things in this one. I'd never tried a hidden-object video game before this title (though of course, like anyone, I loved the Where's Wally? books growing up ) - I'm glad that I picked it up, it's been a good introduction to the genre.

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderI didnt set myself on fire at all...... You did it trying to kill me!!!!......
Did not! (Part 2.)

Quoting: StoneColdSpiderDid what??? *Whistles innocently*......

Last edited by Pengling on 29 August 2024 at 11:20 pm UTC
Klaas Aug 30
Quoting: PenglingI'm glad that I picked it up, it's been a good introduction to the genre.
Everyone needs to play Hidden Folks.

The Find All series is good, too. And then there are all the cat themed games: Hidden Cats in X, A X Full of Cats, Cats and Seek, Cats Hidden in X and Ever Seen a Cat?. Also Cats in Time for a 3d take on the genre that adds small puzzles.

The Cats Hidden in X and Ever Seen a Cat? are smaller games. A X Full of Cats has a hiding mechanics and is generally bigger.

Hidden Cats in X has a main level with two modes – normal and advanced. Advanced adds special cats and people. The special cats unlock bonus levels that feature a different location related to the main theme. The people, like in Find All, cannot be logged in in a random order – only four of them are active at once. Then there is a big bonus levels that has a huge number of people to find.
Klaas Aug 30
What happened this later afternoon? I've made the mistake of switching my SteamDeck to the beta channel. After the reboot, there was a Steam client update. I foolishly installed that, rebooted Steam and was presented with an infinite loading user data screen.

A web search found a few older discussions of the issue and most of them recommended disabling WLAN or switching into desktop mode. Disabling WLAN didn't help. In desktop mode I the Steam client could not display any windows. Library -> spinning wheel. Settings -> error message. I tried messing with command line options (i.e. -clearbeta -forceupdate -clientbeta steamdeck_publicbeta or steamdeck_stable) without any results. Then I renamed ~/.local/share/Steam which fixed the client, but now my data is inaccessible.

And I found out that they changed the default folder for the library on the SD card. That was a quick fix.

Now I have to figure out which files I can move from the old Steam folder to the new one to bring as much of my data back as possible without re-introducing the problem. Oh what fun…

You may ask: Why did I change the channel? Quick answer: I wanted to see if that brings a newer glibc.
Klaas Aug 30
I've moved userdata, steamapps and the custom input glyphs in the last subfolder of tenfoot.

There are 70 MB of log files.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.