Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Question About Emulators and Requirement of Hardware
Is there any way to use emulators such as Cemu or Dolphin without having the actual hardware ? Part of the appeal to me is to be able to play games without having to scour Ebay looking for an old functioning console to use with them. The software I don't mind, I would actually go and pay money for legit copies of console games if I could then emulate them on my PC without needing the hardware.
whizse Sep 1
Some emulators might require firmware from the original hardware and some might require the original hardware to dump the game rom.

For Dolphin, it doesn't require any firmware but dumping Gamecube/Wii discs require either a very specific DVD reader or a modified Wii console.

For PS2 emulators, I think all of them require original firmware, but the discs can be dumped, or read straight from, any normal DVD reader.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.