Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
What games have broken Steam Deck support?
Liam Dawe a day ago
I'm currently working on a piece surrounding the GTAV stuff, but I need a list of games that have broken Steam Deck support.

So far from memory there's

GTAV
Battlefield V
Battlefield 1
Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2: Deluxe Edition

What other games have been left completely broken, that were previously rated Playable / Verified for Steam Deck?
Talon1024 a day ago
There's the DLCs for A Hat in Time.

The base game is Steam Deck verified, and seems to work fine so far although I haven't put much play time into it, but according to one of the reviews for the Seal the Deal DLC, the DLC in question causes lags and crashes on Steam Deck. In addition, the bundle info page for A Hat in Time: Ultimate Edition says that neither DLC will work under Linux or Mac.

Last edited by Talon1024 on 18 September 2024 at 3:24 pm UTC
_Mars about 14 hours ago
Quoting: Talon1024There's the DLCs for A Hat in Time.

The base game is Steam Deck verified, and seems to work fine so far although I haven't put much play time into it, but according to one of the reviews for the Seal the Deal DLC, the DLC in question causes lags and crashes on Steam Deck. In addition, the bundle info page for A Hat in Time: Ultimate Edition says that neither DLC will work under Linux or Mac.

I only play it on my PC nowadays but finished the game on a Steam Deck around 2022-2023. I definitely encountered those crashing issues but it wasn't consistent and only happened in Nyakuza Metro (and one specific mod level but that doesn't count). Usually going back to the level 1-2 times after the crash made it work. I also remember those crashing issues getting fixed in a Proton update. Maybe there was a regression in an update since then.

The entire game works perfectly on my PC, though. The bundle message mainly refers to the fact that the DLCs were never ported to macOS.

Last edited by _Mars on 19 September 2024 at 6:38 am UTC
pleasereadthemanual about 12 hours ago
There were promises of Rocket League adopting anti-cheat and not necessarily supporting Linux, considering it's not even on Steam anymore unless you already own it. That's in the future though, and they still haven't done it.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.