Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Weekend Players' Club 9/20/2024
StoneColdSpider about 2 hours ago
G'Day fellow tuxers……. Its Bruce your host here once again…….

[+..••] As for gaming this week in Emulationville I played [+..••]

Console

Bad News Baseball (1990 Tecmo) Nintendo Entertainment System - Sports (Baseball)
Cricket 07 (2006 EA Sports) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Cricket)
Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball 2023 (2023 Baron von Lector) - Super Nintendo Entertainment System - Sports (Baseball)
Madden NFL 2003 (2002 EA Sports) - Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Football)
NASCAR: Dirt to Daytona (2002 Infogrames) – Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Racing)
PES 2008: Pro Evolution Soccer (2007 Konami) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Soccer)
Sid Meier's Civilization (1994 KOEI) - Super Nintendo Entertainment System - Strategy
Triple Play 2002 (2002 EA Sports) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Baseball)
WWE Smackdown! Here Comes the Pain (2003 THQ) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Wrestling)

The Road To PES Penguin 2008

The road to unlock the PES Penguin in Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 is at 100 PES points out of 5000……….

Other Screenshots……...

Madden NFL 2003 (2002 EA Sports) - Nintendo Gamecube - Sports (Football)

Triple Play 2002 (2002 EA Sports) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Baseball)

Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball 2023 (2023 Baron von Lector) - Super Nintendo Entertainment System - Sports (Baseball)

Sid Meier's Civilization (1994 KOEI) - Super Nintendo Entertainment System - Strategy

WWE Smackdown! Here Comes the Pain (2003 THQ) - Sony PlayStation 2 - Sports (Wrestling)

Bad News Baseball (1990 Tecmo) Nintendo Entertainment System - Sports (Baseball)

NASCAR: Dirt to Daytona (2002 Infogrames) – Nintendo GameCube - Sports (Racing)

Well thats it from me…… Hope all you tuxers have a good week……

Now for my bad joke of the week……
My wife just left me...... She said my entire like revolves around football and shes sick of it......... I was quite upset.......... We were together for 7 seasons.......
*ba dum.... tssssh…...*
missingno about 2 hours ago
Under Night In-Birth II [Sys:Celes] - wheeeee

Skullgirls - hehe

Splatoon 3 - I may have hurt some people today

Mahjong Soul/Riichi City/IRL mahjong - Very close to hitting 7th Dan on RC, and at the same time I'm closer to dropping to Expert 2 on MJS than I am to earning my Master 1 back. Honestly I think this is just a consequence of RC's rating system being kinda jank.

Been working on a *secret project*, so I haven't had much time to play anything but my usual rotation.
Pengling about 2 hours ago

My pick this weekend is Mutant Mudds Deluxe (Proton). Mutant Mudds was originally an early indie title for the Nintendo 3DS, and it's a solid game that pays tribute to past platformers. It also builds upon a lesser-known-but-excellent one - namely Virtual Boy Wario Land, from which Mutant Mudds takes its frequently-used mechanic of jumping between foreground and background planes.

The game sees a boy named Max, aided later in the game by power-ups created by his Grannie, take on an invasion from a planet of mud-based aliens, which he does by gathering the 40 Water Sprites that are hidden throughout the world.

I haven't played Mutant Mudds since the original 3DS version, but I'm happy to say that it still holds up great today in the "Deluxe" PC re-release. My only gripe is that, in spite of having a Steam Deck Playable rating, to make it work properly on the Steam Deck you need to switch to Desktop Mode and have an external mouse connected (you can't use the Deck's trackpads because the game prevents their inputs from being read) in order to change some settings so that you can use the Deck's controls (which the game detects as an Xbox 360 controller) and have the game running full-screen at 1280x720.

[+..••] Other stuff that I played this week;

Ardy Lightfoot (SNES)

Asteroids (Arcade)

PathBlasters (Native Linux)

Saturn Bomberman (Saturn)

Super Bomberman 2 (SNES)

Quoting: StoneColdSpider
There are a lot of great faces in this weekend's post, but this one is my favourite by far - he looks like a villain from a cheesy movie!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.