PC Connects to Wi-Fi, But Only Has Internet Over Ethernet
Cyba.Cowboy about 7 hours ago
My System Info

Linux Distribution: Pop!_OS 22.04 LTS
Desktop Environment: GNOME 42.9
Graphics Card: Mesa Intel HD Graphics 4000 (IVB GT2)
GPU Driver Version: i915

Have you checked for system updates?: Yes

If this is not Steam, you can still give us a system readout using inxi with "inxi -SbCGxx" in terminal (please put that into Pastebin/Gist as linked above!):
https://pastebin.com/mWak7k60

You can note your issue below here

My second computer, a Sony VAIO Tap 20 SVJ20215CB "sees" and connects to our Wi-Fi network, but it doesn't actually have Internet connectivity. No other device in our household, including other Linux-based laptops, have this issue. This particular computer also has perfect connectivity (i.e. no issues) when connected ti my modem / router by ethernet.

I thought it was something related to the modem / router I was previously using, but I just changed to Starlink and it is the same issue with the new modem / router. Again, no other device in the household, including other Linux-based laptops, have issues, suggesting the problem is unique to this computer.

Obviously I can leave it connected by ethernet, and that is my "Plan B", but it would not be ideal.

Any ideas?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.