Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Helena the Third
Page: «2/7»
  Go to:
Rustybolts Mar 31, 2011
Hi Brandon!
The graphical glitches I experienced before was on my old laptop which used a integrated card, recently upgarded to a N-vidia now. I run Ubuntu 64bit version.

I have give the game another bash and have a couple of suggestions.

Upon downloading and trying to run the game it reported that it was missing a library namely libalut.so.0 are you not able to package this library with the game? Anyways I installed the library not a problem.

Second attempt, I am using 64bit Ubuntu so i attempted to run the 64bit executable but unfortunately in the terminal reported the following error
rustybolts@Rustybolts-Aspire-5742G:~$ '/home/rustybolts/Downloads/Helena the 3rd Demo/Helena64'
[ERROR] "Models/hero.md2" could not be opened0x8e9ae8Segmentation fault

Third attempt although I am using 64bit Ubuntu 32bit programs are compatible with the relevant 32bit libraries installed so i gave the 32bit executable a shot, which seemed to work with no problems.

Hope this helps!
Brandon Smith Mar 31, 2011
Wow that is weird. I honestly know almost nothing about developing for Linux. I don't know how you'd package a library in an executable (put it all in a .deb?).

About the missing file, yea, sounds like it's not able to load in one of the models, but I checked that it's in there. And it works for me. So I don't know if that's a permissions issue or what, thanks for letting me know about it!

Anyway, I honestly patched this game up mostly for you, so I'm glad you got it working in the end :) I can rest and be happy now. Let me know what you think of it sometime!
Rustybolts Mar 31, 2011
Oh and I have also reported the version fixes on the main site! http://www.gamingonlinux.info/news400_helena-the-third-v102-update.html
Haha, much appreciated!
Rustybolts Mar 31, 2011
Also posted the article on reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gaming/comments/gfp1a/helena_the_third_v102_update/
so you should get a bit more traffic to your website hope it helps!
Oh no, hehe. I don't know if it's ready for that, hah. But I do appreciate it! Thanks!
Rustybolts Mar 31, 2011
I could always delete the reddit link if you want me to
No that's fine. It will be good to have the feedback. Did you post on reddit before? There was a time when the game was getting a lot of views, and I couldn't figure out where they were coming from.
Rustybolts Mar 31, 2011
Not sure I cant remember
I just searched, Liamdw did actually. That was really nice of him...
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.