Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Show your desktop
Page: «6/10»
  Go to:
Hamish May 8, 2012
No, I was only using the indicators from Gnome Fallback - and I dislike Mate, it just seems like a dead end to me. Plus I would have to go out of repo, which is not something I really want to be doing. But opinions can differ.

I do agree with some of the complaints against Thunar, and some of the applet complaints with regards to Xfce. But for the most part I am happy with it - it has more solid fundamentals than Gnome 2 did in many ways. It just needs more development time. I will see how 4.10 is at some point.

EDIT: On the subject of Fallback though, I am impressed to see how Ubuntu has polished it in 12.04:
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/03/gnome-classic-in-ubuntu-12-04-its-like-nothing-ever-changed/
Hamish May 18, 2012
I was also playing around with my LXDE session last weekend:
[ATTACH=full]346[/ATTACH]

Takes a bit of work, but you can actually get it to clean up fairly well. :)
Hamish Jun 4, 2012
Everyone's lesson for the week: Penumbra graphics actually make pretty good wallpapers!

[ATTACH=full]347[/ATTACH]

But damn do I wish I could turn off the desktop icons on my second screen in Xfce. :(

EDIT: On the plus side, they have fixed the weather applet! :D
Vanack Sabbadium Jun 4, 2012
Gnome fallback + Conky + Docky (running Audacious)!
Hamish Jun 4, 2012
Nice, what distro are you using?
Vanack Sabbadium Jun 4, 2012
Ubuntu 12.04 :) I just don't like Unity nor Gnome Shell... I think for me this is the best combination!

P.S. For those who know my blog, as you can see from my desktop icons, i'm preparing a new Let's Play (this one for Metro 2033)!!!
Rustybolts Jun 9, 2012
Still on Mint 11 [ATTACH=full]350[/ATTACH]
Xpander Jun 9, 2012
screenshot from my games :) + some are in desura/steam only
Liam Dawe Jun 19, 2012
I would show the desktop I am using right now, but it would dissapoint a lot of you...Windows 7 until my new laptop arrives!
Hamish Jun 19, 2012
GUARDS, KILL HIM!!!! :mad:

;)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.