Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Show your desktop
Page: «7/10»
  Go to:
Kame Jun 21, 2012
Quoting: "Xpander, post: 4633, member: 92"screenshot from my games :) + some are in desura/steam only

Huh, so I'm not the only one who keeps links to all of his games in a folder called games on the desktop? Here's my very boring unity 2d+openbox desktop!

Xpander Jun 21, 2012
too many icons if they are directly at the desktop.. thatswhy the folder:)
Hamish Jun 21, 2012
Where did you get some of those game custom icons may I ask?

The Main reason I am on Faenza now is it is quite simple to make your own custom game icons with it. For example:
[ATTACH=full]352[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]353[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]354[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]355[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]356[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]357[/ATTACH]

Some are better than others, but all it took for all of them was a little messing about in Inkscape. ;)
Xpander Jun 21, 2012
it seems Kame has all custom icons...
i usually type into google: "gamename icon" and check the image results..usually there are nice custom png's :)
Kame Jun 21, 2012
95% of mine come from http://harrybana.deviantart.com/ I definitely recommend his work
Liam Dawe Jul 7, 2012
Current desktop, not sure if i will stick with it or not, will be doing a Ubuntu 12.10 testing partition too i think.
[ATTACH]370[/ATTACH]
Hamish Jul 9, 2012
Well, I think everyone can figure out what game I have been playing!
[

Unfortunately the weather applet seems to have conked out again. I have not removed it though as I really enjoy it being there and I hope they can get it fixed up again. :(
Liam Dawe Jul 22, 2012
Here's my new one :D, Ubuntu 12.10...rather stable too!

[ATTACH]383[/ATTACH]
Hamish Aug 2, 2012
So I just grabbed my updates and... they have fixed and improved the Xfce weather applet! :D

[

I can now actually select Seba Beach and get the full weather report. I no longer have to settle instead for Drayton Valley or Stony Plain

Plus as you can see I am back to using the default Verne wallpaper - it actually works surprisingly well with Xfce!
Hamish Aug 17, 2012
Been messing around with LXDE again as well - it just keeps on getting better!

[ATTACH=full]388[/ATTACH]
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.