Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Your help needed: Collecting "Games worth your bucks"
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
Julius Nov 14, 2015
Quoting: EikeThanks for your input, Julius!

Quoting: JuliusBattle Worlds Kronos

Is this working stable now? I tried the demo twice with a long gap between, but it always crashed for me.

Dunno, I played it through on my Linux system months ago and can't remember any crashes. Maybe it is just the demo?
Eike Nov 15, 2015
Quoting: JuliusDunno, I played it through on my Linux system months ago and can't remember any crashes. Maybe it is just the demo?

I tried the demo once again and it didn't crash. Took them a long time, it seems.
I've added all your proposals now.
Eike Dec 16, 2015
We've collected 188 games now, and following a good suggestion from the Steam forums, the list is sortable by genre.
I hope it helps one or the other to find some gem. :)
Arehandoro Dec 16, 2015
Brilliant idea!

Some contributions: Grim Fandango, The Banner Saga, Else Heart.Break(), Massive Chalice, Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok (This one is actually free)

If I remember more I will post them here too.
Eike Dec 16, 2015
Quoting: ArehandoroSome contributions: Grim Fandango, The Banner Saga, Else Heart.Break(), Massive Chalice, Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok (This one is actually free)

Thanks!

... but I found that it's rather hard to write a recommendation line for games I don't know or perhaps wouldn't like (be it due to genre or whatever). Could you give me a short line per game why this game is interesting, please?
Arehandoro Dec 16, 2015
Quoting: Eike
Quoting: ArehandoroSome contributions: Grim Fandango, The Banner Saga, Else Heart.Break(), Massive Chalice, Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok (This one is actually free)

Thanks!

... but I found that it's rather hard to write a recommendation line for games I don't know or perhaps wouldn't like (be it due to genre or whatever). Could you give me a short line per game why this game is interesting, please?

Of course, no probs!

Grim Fandango - Classic graphic adventure with a great story line in the world of the dead.

The Banner Saga - Strategic RPG based on Viking mythology.

Else Heart.Break() - Hack your way through to solve the puzzles on this adventure.

Massive Chalice - Fun strategic game from Double Fine.

Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok - Beautiful pixel art style game following the steps of the classics Quest for Glory.
Blurps Dec 16, 2015
I think Dying light, Race the Sun, Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack are missing
Slackdog Dec 17, 2015
Quoting: TheBossWhile it's a nice idea, where does it stop and end? It will end up being a massive list which would be too big to be useful?

Go back a couple of years! It's cool we can actually make such a list :D
Eike Dec 17, 2015
Quoting: ArehandoroOf course, no probs!

Thanks, I've added them!

Quoting: nIQnutnI think Dying light, Race the Sun, Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack are missing

Added as well, thanks!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.