Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
FPS per title module
wojtek88 Feb 27, 2016
Hi guys,
I started to think that there is one area in Linux gaming that is not covered from my point of view.
I'm not able to verify if my hardware will be able to handle given title on Linux or if I would like to buy a new hardware, what FPS should I expect based on similar hardware scores.
Currently the best you can do is to check requirements for Steam OS on Steam page or look for a similar rig on Youtube.

On Gaming On Linux when new big title is released we have a thread where people just put their scores in the comments section.

Maybe it would be nice to have a module for Gaming On Linux that would allow you to select a game (List can be downloaded from Steam and GOG for example, but I understand that many of users of this page really do not like when someone puts equal sign between games available on Steam for Linux and Gaming on Linux in general. So if game would not exist in DB it would be possible to add it or maybe request addition) and provide hardware config and fps score.

Just an idea, all the remarks/feedback appreciated and of course @Liam your opinion.
tuubi Feb 27, 2016
You might want to check out Open Game Benchmarks. It was established quite recently though, so I can't promise you'll find the benchmarks you're looking for. But feel free to submit your own. :)
wojtek88 Feb 27, 2016
Wow, @tuubi that is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you (for the second time in just few minutes). You're great ;)
tuubi Feb 27, 2016
Quoting: wojtek88You're great ;)
Aww, thanks. I aim to please.

Too bad my wife isn't as easy to impress. :P
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.