Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Payday 2 showed up in my Steam library.
GustyGhost Mar 18, 2016
It appears to be another fluke. You can't install and play Payday 2 yet. However, it is nice to see some activity.
darkone778 Mar 18, 2016
I know this feeling as well! Happens to me with Blackguards 2 shows up in my Steam library, but not able to play it unfortunately.
Rhythagoras Mar 18, 2016
There was a time where this would have been exciting news for me. But I really don't want to support Overkill studios and their nonsense anymore. They ruined the game with a massive amount of paid DLC and the introduction of microtransactions which had game enhancing stats attached to them. I did enjoy the game quite a bit, as I have hundreds of hours logged on my steam account for it. Yet, I find the attitude of the developers and their response to the reaction of their community to be appalling. I know I'm not alone in this feeling, with almost 50,000 negative reviews on Steam.

A while back, someone also pointed out a particular statistic that highlights the community's resentment towards the developers. There was an achievement introduced around the time of the microtransaction disaster called "I want to get away". To get the achievement... you need to jump. Once. As I write this, only 20% of the community has this achievement. You can really see the magnitude of the user base that simply uninstalled the game and never looked back.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.