Day of the tentacle remastered
legluondunet Apr 28, 2016
Double fine started to work on the Linux port:

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/17860/
Shmerl Apr 28, 2016
Sounds good. I'm waiting for the times when OS X version will become something made from Linux version, not the other way around ;) Linux gaming must be already bigger than OS X one.
tuubi Apr 28, 2016
Awesome, can't wait. No, wait, yes I can. Seriously, who has the time and the money to cope with this avalanche of gaming goodness we're getting lately? I sure don't. Anyway, this is one of my all time fave LucasArts adventures, and there are several worthy competitors in that lot. I'm sure I'll be buying this at some point, hopefully sooner than later.

@Shmerl: I don't know if we're bigger already, but regardless, it'll take a while to convince the people who make these business decisions. Most of them are anything but risk-takers and trailblazers. If you want a more technical reason, I guess OS X is still considered less of a moving target.
Shmerl Apr 28, 2016
Quoting: tuubiIf you want a more technical reason, I guess OS X is still considered less of a moving target.

It's also considered outdated and behind the times, because it is. Also, VR developers said many times that they won't target OS X. So I hope Linux will overtake it soon enough in the minds of those business people.
tuubi Apr 28, 2016
Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: tuubiIf you want a more technical reason, I guess OS X is still considered less of a moving target.

It's also considered outdated and behind the times, because it is. Also, VR developers said many times that they won't target OS X. So I hope Linux will overtake it soon enough in the minds of those business people.
I wholeheartedly agree. There are more technical reasons to support Linux already, but business people tend to be rather conservative.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.