[not a bug] RSS feed only poops out sales of Steam Store
bugmenot Jun 26, 2016
Title explains enough. Not fun when you target DRM-Free games.

RSS url: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/sale_rss.php
Liam Dawe Jun 26, 2016
It may seem that way, but the RSS feed takes all the newest sales, all of which are currently Steam. It is working as intended, there is a lot of Steam sales right now due to the steam sales of course.
bugmenot Jun 26, 2016
I hate Steam, how to filter it out that I get correct deals?
Liam Dawe Jun 26, 2016
Steam has actually been removed now, as the importer wasn't working correctly.

The sales page is likely being depreciated since it only gets about 0.8% of our total hits, and it's a lot of work to keep it alive for a tiny gain.
bugmenot Jun 26, 2016
If the sales pages is going to be deprecated, how about to release it's source of the backend on GitHub GitLab BitBucket PikaCode or Repo.or.cz ?
Liam Dawe Jun 27, 2016
Quoting: bugmenotIf the sales pages is going to be deprecated, how about to release it's source of the backend on GitHub GitLab BitBucket PikaCode or Repo.or.cz ?
We actually run a gitlab for GOL, but it isn't currently open. The current code is a mess and heavily tied to GOL so it probably won't be released as it is.
bugmenot Aug 15, 2016
It seems you definitely buried the Sales page six feet under?

Fine, I'll check out IsThereAnyDeal.com
Liam Dawe Aug 15, 2016
I did state two months ago the entire page was being depreciated.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.