Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Metro 2033 and Metro LL Redux dont work for me.
obedlink Jun 27, 2016
I have seen that phoronix make benchmarks using Metro Redux with RadeonSI/AMDGPU + Mesa Git, but since Metro redux series were releasing, I have not been able to make them work.

My specs are:
Ubuntu 16.04 updated
Mesa Git. using Padoka PPA
GPU: Radeon R9 290

When I play the game after the introductory video, appears the screen where it says "press enter to start", after press any key the monitor the monitor loses signal video and the PC freezes and I have to restart it with button case.

How phoronix can run Metro redux series with the open source drivers?
pete910 Jun 27, 2016
It's one of the reasons I've stuck with frglx(15.12). I never seem to have luck with mesa/oss driver either

Having said that , sounds a bit more to it than that with it freezing and you needing to reboot.

Cant help much as don't use *buntu . Shout in phoronix forum in the AMD thread might be your best bet.
obedlink Jun 28, 2016
Quoting: GuestI had that problem if tessellation is enabled. Haven't run it recently with mesa git though, so no idea if it's still the case.
I tried to disable the tesselation option from the user.cfg file, but it doesn't work.
manero666 Jun 30, 2016
do you launch steam from the terminal?? if so can you see any strange messages regarding Metro?

if you can't see anything suspicious try:

$ LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose steam
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.