Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
I just bought 9 games for $50
chuzzle44 Jun 29, 2016
So, I've been needing a CPU upgrade for some time. Low on money, I stuck a GTX 950 in an old pre-built. It had an ancient AMD A4. So as you can imagine, it runs like crap. Dying Light and Shadow of Mordor are unplayable, Metro Redux and Shadow Warrior are stuttering messes, and most other games are somewhere in between. With the Steam sale on and my wishlist growing quickly, I was pressured to do something. What really pushed me over the edge, though, was getting suspended from work. I'm not going to go into it, but I was online filling out applications when the urge hit me. I know, not the best time to be spending money. But in the words of sales trainer Jeffrey Gitomer, you have to reward yourself for your failures as well as your successes. It makes you feel good, and when you feel good, you do good. So I took the plunge. And it cost me about $350. Yay. I also started throwing games into my cart. I figured I'd spend $50 to bring me to an even $400 or so. After sacrificing Broforce, my total came to $49.44. It wasn't until a few moments ago that it hit me that I had bought 9 games and a ton of dlc. I got:

Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition (comes with most dlc)

Saints Row franchise pack (all 4 games and a ton of dlc)

Bioshock Infinite with season pass

Serious Sam 3 Gold

Painkiller HD

Spec Ops: The Line

Best fifty bucks I've ever spent. I love Steam and Linux. All hail GOL.

On one last note, I've heard that the Painkiller remake was lacking in content, but what's a Linux gamer to do?
wojtek88 Jun 29, 2016
Quoting: chuzzle44After sacrificing Broforce, my total came to $49.44.
Worst decision you made, game is golden. From the games you bought Spec Ops: The Line is the one that I loved (however I played it when it was released, and port by VP was not great).

Anyway, I'm between the jobs right now, not much on account as well, so I understand you and wish you all the best.
chuzzle44 Jun 29, 2016
Quoting: wojtek88
Quoting: chuzzle44After sacrificing Broforce, my total came to $49.44.
Worst decision you made, game is golden. From the games you bought Spec Ops: The Line is the one that I loved (however I played it when it was released, and port by VP was not great).

Yeah, I've heard great things about it. But I had to sacrifice something to hit my goal, and I've been craving some FPS. For me, this is the best possible deal.
Liam Dawe Jun 29, 2016
You need some Broforce in your life.
chuzzle44 Jun 30, 2016
Quoting: liamdaweYou need some Broforce in your life.

I imagine you are right. But I've been putting off getting Bioshock and Spec Ops for far longer than Broforce has even been on Linux. I couldn't spend more than $50 and I was about $6 over. Those were the only games at about that price. Don't get me wrong; I would have loved to drop Painkiller, but it was only $2. Decisions, Decisions. Like I said before, I've been craving some FPS. I won't be buying anything for a while, so by the time I do, my wishlist will undoubtedly be filled with those platformers I've been wanting.
Broforce
Axiom Verge
Freedom Planet
I'm sure I can add to that easily enough, but if anyone has any recommendations, I'm all ears.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.