Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Anyone else is having problems with Fairy Tale Mysteries 2: The Beanstalk on Ubuntu 14.04?
Comandante Ñoñardo Jul 19, 2016
After the latest Steam client update, this game crash like a Windows 98 app...
Fairy Tale Mysteries 2: The Beanstalk

The problem is in my mother's Steam account... I tried a lot of things.. Even changing the hardware for something more powerfull didn't work.

My bet is, somehow, the latest steam client upgrade broke the game... Even setting the Steam client as BETA didn't work.

I tried deleting the save games and deactivating the steam cloud and it didn't work ¬¬
manero666 Jul 19, 2016
did you run steam from the terminal? if not try that and see if it outputs some errors there
wolfyrion Jul 19, 2016
I have that game as well and is playing fine with the latest beta steam client.

Does it crash in any specific point?

I just played the begining for like 5 mins - Passed the bridge stage... was playing smoothly.

I guess you should run it in terminal and when it crashes to post the output?

Also I have noticed that with these kind of games your cloud save game sometimes is corrupted and when it syncs your game it crashes.Maybe start a new game ? or disable cloud sync? :o?

Comandante Ñoñardo Jul 19, 2016
The game crash the machine at the first nag screen...
manero666 Jul 19, 2016
Hey it looks like i own this game too ahaha

Anyway i tried it and it runs out of the box!
If you can run steam in the terminal and post the output here then we may be able to help you
Comandante Ñoñardo Jul 21, 2016
Update:

The problem was solved today when I uninstalled the Adobe flash complement for mozilla "flashplugin-installer 11.2.202.632ubuntu0.14.04.1" and then installed "adobe-flashplugin 1:20160712.1-0ubuntu0.14.04.1"
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.