Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Closure segmentation fault
camelCasing Sep 11, 2016
Title kind of says it all but getting a segmentation fault when running Closure (both DRM free and Steam version), have NVIDIA graphics card and have tried changing the drivers from current (370.28) to 358.16 and still unable to launch. Anybody else had this problem or any suggestions. Any/All help appreciated. cC
Avehicle7887 Sep 11, 2016
Just tried the Humble Bundle version under 370.28 (64bit). Game launched fine and I went a few levels through the tutorial part, didn't see any errors in terminal either.

Can you post your system specs + distro?

My system:

i5-4590 / 8GB Ram
Geforce GTX 960 (370.28)
Linux Mint 17.3 (Mate Desktop)
In Game Resolution @ 1920x1080
Ehvis Sep 11, 2016
I finished the whole thing on nvidia proprietary drivers. Didn't have a single problem. As said, provide more info if you want help.
camelCasing Sep 12, 2016
sorry, sure,

Intel i7-4900MQ / 16GB Ram
GeForce GTX 780M
Ubuntu 16.04 (Unity - 64bit)

thanks,

also the game starts for about a second I see small circles rotating around a larger one, then the game crashes
camelCasing Sep 12, 2016
Hello and thank you,

when I run the game from the terminal I get a *huge (literally huge) list of GL commands followed by "segmentation fault", that is all I have to work with.
Ehvis Sep 12, 2016
Since you are on a laptop, I'm guessing you're having some issues with the integrated GPU being in the way. Is that enabled? Are you running a bumblebee kind of setup?
Avehicle7887 Sep 13, 2016
Small Note about iGPU: Today I tested the game on a cheap laptop with Intel N2840 CPU + Intel HD graphics (Mesa 11.2) / Mint 18 and the game works fine.

It is worth investigating Ehvis' suggestion about bumblebee, there might be a conflict of sorts.
camelCasing Sep 14, 2016
Hi and thanks, I dont have bumblebee installed, and this is the only game I have a problem with, the laptop runs Dying Light, Alien: Isolation, Shadow of Mordor etc just fine.

Should have edited my post but I think the problem is sound related

Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for 4294967295, skipping unlock
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for 4294967295, skipping unlock
AL lib: (WW) ALCjackBackendFactory_init: jack_client_open() failed, 0x11
AL lib: (WW) alc_initconfig: Failed to initialize backend "jack"
Segmentation fault

that is the last few lines of the errror message (the rest is the GL options),

I have tried installing and starting the jack_server whick leads to

GIS_texture_lod GL_SGIX_depth_texture GL_SGIX_shadow GL_SUN_slice_accum
Cannot lock down 82274202 byte memory area (Cannot allocate memory)
Cannot lock down 82274202 byte memory area (Cannot allocate memory)
Cannot use real-time scheduling (RR/5)(1: Operation not permitted)
JackClient::AcquireSelfRealTime error
Segmentation fault

as always I appreciate you guys taking the time to help. cC
camelCasing Mar 2, 2017
6 months later...

The game launched, still not sure why maybe one of you can help wih that part however,

If my USB wireless mouse is plugged in --> game crashes as above
If not plugged in and using just keyboard and/or Steam controller --> game launches and plays fine

Just thought I would post this as might help somebody else and intrested to see if anyone knows what might cause this to happen.

Thanks,
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.