will we ever see this game go linux native?
adamjohnson Oct 3, 2016
hi
so as far as i know there is no Linux native version of path of exile after many many years of playing this game no development (to my understanding ) has been made to make a Linux native version of this game (as in not having to use play on Linux and configuring wine) will we ever see this game native on Linux or will that never happen?
oh and another question i can run this game on Linux after i config wine go through like god knows how many sudo commands and the reconfigure wine in order to emulate windows to run it EVEN THEN i can only play it in windowed mode which is annoying as hell with a 33 inch screen
any clue if or when there gonna make this game Linux compatible?
damarrin Oct 3, 2016
You should never need sudo to configure wine, apart from the initial installation of packages.
manero666 Oct 3, 2016
The game runs out of the box for me with Wine..
Unfortunately it doesn't run as it should on AMD with Wine Gallium Nine, which is quite strange, so the last time I played I used Wine Staging the most (or vanilla I don't remember).
Anyway I'm going to give it a try again soon, but Nvidia users should be able to get some pretty decent fps using Wine (I was in the 30~50 with some random peak to 120s).
Btw the game is amazing and super addicting, it's actually good for me that it doesn't run too well, so I can still have a social life :)
Mountain Man Oct 3, 2016
I tried the game a few years ago, and it ran with zero issues in Wine. Got almost native-like performance. My problem is that the game itself was so dry and generic that I had little motive to continue playing. It may have improved since then, but I can't be bothered to check.

As for whether or not it'll get a dedicated Linux build, only the developers themselves can answer that.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.