Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Increase performance for Intel Graphic driver
BabaoWhisky Oct 13, 2016
Hi guys,

I am not a big gamer and the games which i love to play are generally Football Manager, Wasteland II, Pillars of Eternity and soon Torment - Tides of Numenera.

These games don't need a big graphic card to work and even if i have a GTX970, this card is only for my PCI-Passthrough on Windows_10. (If i want to play at AAA games, i run it on Windows but for example, if i want to play at Deus Ex : MK, i'll buy to Feral Store before ;-) )

So my question is :
There are tips and tweaks to increase the performance for my Intel Graphic card ?
I have a HD Graphics 530 (Intel Skylake CPU)

Thanks,
Berillions
Avehicle7887 Oct 16, 2016
Since you mentioned GTX 970, I presume you're running a desktop system.

The only thing I can think of when it comes to iGPU is that having a dual channel ram yields some nice performance compared to single channel (You probably are already running in dual channel if you have 2 sticks of ram).

Something else I'm not sure about but I'll still mention it: Since the Intel GPU feeds off the system memory this would mean games would have less memory to use for the application itself, I wonder if increasing the ram amount would make an fps difference?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.