Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
List of really good Indie games on Linux.
FredO Jan 13, 2017
With so many Indie titles coming to Linux, it's becoming hard to sift through and find the real gems amoungst the ever growing pile. So I thought this could be a list of Indie titles that people have played, and can really recommend! The more hidden gems, the better.
To kick off, here's my list from the last months. Release date is irrelevant, and listed in no paticular order:

Broforce: (Local co-op, retro-pixel-side-scrolling-blow-up-everything = great fun.)
Hard West: (Broken into separate but related stories with turn based combat. Had a good 18 hours with this)
Steamworld Heist: (If you like turn-based tactical combat, play this - it's great)
Hand of Fate: (A refreshingly nice mix of "deck-building" type play and third-person combat)
Steamroll: (3d pluzzle of "rolling ball" type. Nice visuals with Unreal4 engine. A hidden gem!)
Invisible, Inc.: (Excellent turn based stealth game)
Massive Chalice: (Somewhat underrated. Family bloodlines adds surprising depth)

Let's hear what Indies have been taking up your time? Rocket League goes without saying

Edit: Removed Day of the Tentacle Remastered. Not Indie.
Guppy Jan 13, 2017
How is Day of the Tentacle an "indie" game iirc all of the Manic masion games published and devloped by LucasArt LLC
FredO Jan 13, 2017
Quoting: GuppyHow is Day of the Tentacle an "indie" game iirc all of the Manic masion games published and devloped by LucasArt LLC

You are right - I was thinking specifically of the Remastered version by Double Fine, but it doesn't change the fact that it is a LucasArt game. Just removed it.
herycp Jan 13, 2017
Quoting: FredOWith so many Indie titles coming to Linux, it's becoming hard to sift through and find the real gems amoungst the ever growing pile. So I thought this could be a list of Indie titles that people have played, and can really recommend! The more hidden gems, the better.
To kick off, here's my list from the last months. Release date is irrelevant, and listed in no paticular order:

Broforce: (Local co-op, retro-pixel-side-scrolling-blow-up-everything = great fun.)
Hard West: (Broken into separate but related stories with turn based combat. Had a good 18 hours with this)
Steamworld Heist: (If you like turn-based tactical combat, play this - it's great)
Hand of Fate: (A refreshingly nice mix of "deck-building" type play and third-person combat)
Steamroll: (3d pluzzle of "rolling ball" type. Nice visuals with Unreal4 engine. A hidden gem!)
Invisible, Inc.: (Excellent turn based stealth game)
Massive Chalice: (Somewhat underrated. Family bloodlines adds surprising depth)

Let's hear what Indies have been taking up your time? Rocket League goes without saying

Edit: Removed Day of the Tentacle Remastered. Not Indie.

please dont forget

"dont starve & dont starve toggether"
tuubi Jan 13, 2017
For some great indie puzzlers you might want to try the Hexcells games (the bundle is dirt cheap in the Humble sale right now), the programming puzzler Human Resource Machine and the Zachtronics games TIS-100 and Infinifactory. I haven't played Shenzhen I/O yet but seems like a gem as well.

Oh and talking about great indies, don't forget Stardew Valley. As if you could have missed it.
FredO Jan 14, 2017
Quoting: tuubiFor some great indie puzzlers you might want to try the Hexcells games (the bundle is dirt cheap in the Humble sale right now), the programming puzzler Human Resource Machine and the Zachtronics games TIS-100 and Infinifactory. I haven't played Shenzhen I/O yet but seems like a gem as well.

Oh and talking about great indies, don't forget Stardew Valley. As if you could have missed it.

Good list. Human Resource Machine looks like the same dev / graphics style as World of Goo and Little Inferno, both which are good games in their own right.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.