You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Shadow Tactics, heavy lag with open source driver
singlecutguitar Jan 14, 2017
Hello, maybe anyone can help me ?

I'm playing this game via steam client, I found that the catalyst driver done better than open source driver one, like some game from steam. But I think because the open source driver need extra option to work better (set launch option in the library on steam). Like in Tropico 5 which need extra set launch option to make the game running on open source driver, without it the screen became all black.
Vexation Jan 22, 2017
I'm not sure if it helps, but I would recommend using the proprietary driver. I had some serious screen tear and freezing issues on the nouveau driver. However, as soon as I uninstalled that and installed the proprietary drivers everything works like a charm.
Liam Dawe Jan 22, 2017
Quoting: singlecutguitarHello, maybe anyone can help me ?

I'm playing this game via steam client, I found that the catalyst driver done better than open source driver one, like some game from steam. But I think because the open source driver need extra option to work better (set launch option in the library on steam). Like in Tropico 5 which need extra set launch option to make the game running on open source driver, without it the screen became all black.
Catalyst is not supported by AMD you need either their needer driver or an up to date MESA.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.