Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
deja-dup silently excludes ".steam" how can I fix this?
Guppy Feb 8, 2017
Today I randomly noticed that even though my ~ is 69G the duplicity backup folder is only 870mb.

Doing a few spot checks in the list of files that is saved ( duplicity list-recent-files ... ) i noticed that .steam was missing

only Trash and ~/Downloads are in the exclude list, so this is something the program takes upon it self to do :(

googling confirmed it https://bugs.launchpad.net/deja-dup/+bug/1562357

a backup is worthless if it does not in fact backup everything you expect, so;

* how can I see/change this secret exclusion list?
* Additionally where does deja-dup store is keys? ( with out that information restoring on to a new system is impossible )

I really like the simplicity of deja-dup, but if it comes at the cost of actually having a backup I may have to manually setup duplicity :(
riusma Feb 8, 2017
I moved from deja-dup to Back In Time in 2015 as I was encountering problems with it (unfortunately I don't remember exactly which problems)... Back In Time is a bit more complex to set up (not that much, but you have more options exposed) but has been reliable for me as a backup solution since then... :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.