Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Mad Max: big performance boost using Mesa 17 + radeonsi
ziabice Mar 4, 2017
Wow, I'm very impressed!

I bought Mad Max on a sale some time ago, then tried it using Mesa 13 and the radeonsi driver: it ran like crap! Very low FPS, stuttering, totally uplayable on my PC. I'm aware that the game is not supported on my GPU (is clearly stated when starting the game) but I did not think it was so bad.

Some days ago I upgraded to Mesa 17 and tried again Mad Max: this time the game run very well! Is finally perfectly playable! The FPS aren't that high (I think in the order of 30 FPS) but there's no stuttering, action is smooth, I can play in FullHD, the controls are responsive. To sum up everything was in place to let me enjoy the game, and in fact I'm liking it a lot.

I haven't tried the game under Windows, but I suggest anyone owning it to upgrade to Mesa 17.

Nothing changed instead with Shadow Of Mordor: it still remains completely unplayable, running at 1/4 of the FPS I can get on Windows on the same machine, plagued by stuttering and unresponsive controls.

Well done Mesa developers, thank you for all the hard work you're doing!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.