Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Last Week I Attended Game Masters
Cheeseness Jul 1, 2012
I don't know how interesting or relevant this is likely to be to people, but I attended an exhibition in Melbourne last week that attempts to present key game developers as auteurs, showcasing the works of people like Wil Wright, Tim Schafer, Fumito Ueda, Eric Chahi and Warren Spector by having playable displays of their games, concept art and other bits and pieces.

I also attended a bunch of launch events that they had, namely a two day forum of panel sessions with industry figures talking about game development, games as a cultural medium, and the hurdles involved with collecting/archiving software. There were also evening talks by Warren Spector and Tim Schafer, which were pretty exciting.

I did a day by day writeup of the five days I spent in Melbourne, which are all now viewable here. As a whole, it's fairly long, but each day is easily digestible on its own (I never intended for it to all be read in a single sitting), and there are photos and quotes spread all through it.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.