Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Gmod crashing on Mint 18
Cerebella Jun 15, 2017
I'm at my wit's end here. This game is just coded like trash, but it's addicting. Now, the game likes to be really random when it chooses to crash. A lot of the time, is when I am connecting to a new server for DarkRP or any server with a decent amount of addons.

Other times it actually lets me get to the game and start playing, but then it can crash anywhere between 5 minutes to 6 hours later. In the past 30 minutes, it has crashed a total of 6 times on the same server. Not sure what my issue is here.

Another small issue seems to be, after I crash, the servers/steam often seem to hang on refreshing. Like I refresh it and instead of 4K servers or whatever, it's like 5 servers total. Won't fix itself unless I reboot.

Anybody else experiencing these problems? Any solutions?
GustyGhost Jul 28, 2017
Run the game's binary directly from terminal

~/steamapps/common/GarrysMod/hl2_Linux

Play for a bit and when it crashes share the output with us.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.